SOTD "THANKSGIVING THEME WEEK" - November 21st - November 27th, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
$IMG_0143.jpg
Merkur 1904 OC w/ Personna (1)
Razorock XXX
TGN Grade A S/T w/ Olivewood handle
Pinaud Vanilla AS

5 days of scruff, so needed the OC to whack thru it all. Came out pretty smooth, but the knot is quite lather hungry, so I had to dip back into the soap a few times.

Simpson 2010 Limited Edition Eagle G3 in Best Badger
Czech and Speake Number 88 Shave soap
Schick Krona/ Wilkinson Super Sword-Edge (vintage)
George F. Trumper Coral Skin Food
Amouage Tribute Attar

SUNDAY SOTD ::::: November 27, 2016

Prep: Hot shower w/Nivea Men Original Moisturizing Face Wash
Pre-shave Oil: Beaver WoodWright (Black Ship Grooming Co.)
Soap: Beaver WoodWright Ghost Ship
Brush: Beaver WoodWright Orion’s Nebula silvertip 24mm
Razor; RazoRock Black Hawk SE
Blade; Kai Captain Titan Mild (5)
Post Splash: Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Beaver WoodWright Ghost Ship (sample)

$2016-11-27-15-47-29.jpg

$4.jpg
Parker Pure Badger | ER Shovel Head | GEM PTFE (22) | Proraso Blue | CC Large Bowl | FL Water

Just another good shave with the Shovel Head & GEM Blade.

It was quite an excursion through the posts of SOTD on Sunday. The end of the weekend brought an abundance of exceptional photography and richly worded descriptions of truly satisfying shaves.

Again I wish to thank each for you gentlemen for your photos and verbal posts. All were quite rewarding.

@skypsyd - Exquisite picture, Dave. Very handsome straight.
@cmh737 - Say no more. That's a happy Buzz and a happy Chris. Neat brush.
@JBO667 - A mug of soap, three bowls, a brush soaker, a complex shave lathering ... you make my head spin, Jerad.
@Tenergy - Snazzy array, Valeri. Really like the razor handle.
@gemini68j - The red runnels set off your elements quite well. Did the Baskerville work well for you?
@ClaudioBP - Very interesting treatment; it's almost as if the shaving gear had been finely dusted.
@Dagwoodz - Nice horizontal layout, Josh. The Fine products do make a good shave.
@azwetshaver - Quite an eye-catching display, Gabe. I took advantage of a sale and ordered the OSS head.
@ronindug - This is an excellent soft focus shot. The elements seem to be floating against the blueness.
@shm - Such an attractive presentation, Søren. Like the straight; the engraving on the tang is a fine touch.
@UngerWoo - Nicely layered alignment.
@Clint64 - Placement of razor, brush and soap against the multi-colored backing is quite appealing.
@Cash_Stronomer - The lonely brush and razor are quite striking amid the color of the bits and pieces of the fore- and background. And the snow is but a harbinger....
@Loei - It's always good to give soaps, blades and brushes another chance, Loei. Sometimes it's all in the technique.
@razorguy - Another fine photo. The razor is a real winner. Your brush has an excellent bloom.
@fallenangell - Intriguing overhead shot. Did you like the Silk Road? I have a tub under the original name, Trade Winds. He had to change it because another soapmaker had a product of that name.
@Jnatcat - Everytime I see the suds in the OS mug I want to find a puck for myself! Will, do you find it hard to use the Chubby to lather in the mug?
@mcdig - Quite a shave, Mark! Love that razor. Like your diagonals in the photo.
@Bobcat - Excellent looking shave! Glad you used the Seville sample; it reminded me to order one so I can compare the new formula.
@witeq - Now that's a cool red shave, Witek ... all the way! Neat pic! I've had the Merkur bakelite for almost a year and never used it; time to change that!
@Antique Hoosier - Lovely, first class ensemble, Mike. The barber shears are really neat!
@Doug57 - Fine looking overhead POV, Doug. Good to see that background again.
@xxlpack - Sharp looking lineup. Love the color of the marble counter top.
@Smooth Steve - Stately looking shave portrait. Like the placement of the Wunderbar, the uncovered C&E and the close focusing.
@doc47 - Marvelous photo, Dan. That's an attractive blade you've got there. If I don't watch out I may be swayed to the Straight Side one of these days.
@sarimento1 - Superlative image, Murray. Love the different shades of blue. The sharpness of the photo is crystalline. Beautiful razor.
@eezee - I'm seeing too many awesome straights! How did you find the performance of the Le Père Lucien? I have heard only good things about LPL.
@lindyhop66 - The lighting in this shot is quite atmospheric. Nicely shadowed background.
@GlazedBoker - Except for the Futur this could be an Old Time Shave, Gus. I've never tried a Bolzano in the Futur; I'll have to do that.
@prometeo - What an intriguing photograph! Is the scuttle made that way or is there an overflow of lather? Interesting design. Love the frame.
@PACO GALAN - Beautiful shot of a beautiful razor. The scales on the straight are wondrous.
@CT23 - Splendid, Chris! Excellent placement. Love that low angle lighting.
@Snake Plisskin - Very nice POV on this shot. Like the selective color.
@120inna55 - Achingly beautiful, Matt. Love the red leaves. I fell in love with maples during the autumns when I was in Canada.
@ciderguy - And another fascinating artistic depiction, Nick.

To those who have more of the evening before you I hope it will be going well. I'm looking to the dawn of a new week that will bring days of exquisite shaves.

I'll be closing this thread very soon and opening a new one. To all I wish a good evening and I'll be seeing you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom