What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - May 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
13/16 Toyo "Scheon Burg" #777, Full Hollow Ground, Square Point
Imperial Shave Pegasus III Strop
Custom Simpson Duke 3 Silvertip (3-Band)
L'Occitane Cade Soap
Cold Water Rinse
New Proraso Splash
Houbigant Fougere Royale

proxy.php

Very nicely arranged for a superb shot! How is the Cade SS?

Gillette Aristocrat Junior British Set #58
with PermaSharp (2)
Semogue 830
GZD Stick
Tüff unscented Herbal AS
L`Occitane Vetyver EdT
Have a nice day! :smile:

proxy.php

The setup for this shot is great! How do you compare the GZD berber to Arko? Would restock with Arko or GZD berber?

Friday

Music
Little Texas

Hardware
Bukhave Scuttle
Semogue 2009 LE
Gillette Fat Handled Tech with Derby Extra (49)

Software
Nanny's Lemony Lime w/ goat milk
Williams Ice Blue After Shave
T&H Freshman Cologne

Have a real nice day Y'all :biggrin1:

proxy.php

Your famous SOTD shots is what motivated/inspired me to contribute. This also includes other SOTD shot contributers too. BTW how is the lather from the Nanny's Silly Soap Lemony Lime with Goat's Milk? Does the added goat milk help?

Bill that photos screams out an excellent shave? Do you happen to use ADP once a week? Also does that ASB smell similar to RR XXX?

I don't have a set rotation, I plan what sounds fun the night before. That said, I do love the AdP. I find RR XXX similar to the AdP, but not identical in smell. That said, I haven't lined them up and done a straight comparison. maybe I'll do that tonight and let you know my results...

I don't have a set rotation, I plan what sounds fun the night before. That said, I do love the AdP. I find RR XXX similar to the AdP, but not identical in smell. That said, I haven't lined them up and done a straight comparison. maybe I'll do that tonight and let you know my results...

Sounds Great to me!

Shower / Proraso Pre Shaving Cream / Merkur 11C / Feather Blade / SOC Boar / Proraso Soap / Boots Witch hazel / Olds pice Lagoon / Nivea Cool Balm

proxy.php

Pre Jabonman bath soap+ Jabonman Vetiver shaving soap + Semogue 1335 + Gillette Tech England Nº44 with Polsilver #1 + La Toja Manantiales after shave lotion and balm

A lovely shave! This Tech works really well, very easy to use!

Cheers!

Friday, May 4th.

Hart Steel, 7/8th Polished Square Point
Simpson's Manchurian Chubby 2
Mike's Natural Soaps, Veggie Test Formula
Krampert's Finest Bay Rum AS, Batch 2B Test Formula

View attachment 240970

Friday, May 4, 2012. Good Morning!

Morning Coffee: Hills Brothers Original Blend
Prep: Wash face with Musgo Real Glyce Lime
Razor: Schick I1
Blade: Schick
Soap: Proraso
Brush: Semogue 1438
Scuttle: Schwarzweisskeramik
Post: Cold water rinse followed by some Proraso After Shave Lotion

View attachment 240976

proxy.php

PdP - Thater 4125/3 - Mergress - Med Prep - PdP balm - Zino edt

5/4/2012

Pre : Sandalwood Glycerin Soap + Lavender Homemade Preoil
Bowl : Robert Becker Scuttle
Brush : J-H-L Badger 27MMx60MM Marble
Safety : Merkur Futur 700
Blade : SuperMax Super Stainless # 1
Soap : J-H-L Aramis Shaving Soap

proxy.php

Artisan soaps this week.
Prep: Shower/Neutrogena Transparent Facial Bar | Semogue 620 | Mike's Natural Soaps Peppermint & Rosemary | Edwin Jagger DE89 Barley | Personna Red | Thayer's W.H. | Proraso Dopobarba

proxy.php

proxy.php

JabonMan Arbol de Té // IBERIA Bassat 13 // Simpson DUKE 3 Super // Thayers // Locion TOBS

Friday Morning Shaving Ritual, May 4, 2012

Razor: 69 Slimline Gillette Adjustable (set on 4)
Blade: Derby Hi-Stainless (New blade from my sampler pack)
Brush: Whipped Dog Straight Silvertip Badger
Cream: TOBS Sandalwood Shaving Cream
A/S: Alum bar & Cold Water Rinse
A/S: Every Man Jack Face Lotion

My first true BBS shave, woohoo, with no weepers or no nicks!!
View attachment 241002

Friday morning, May 4, 2012

Schick E2 Injector Razor w/ Schick blade (7)
Semogue 1305 boar bristle brush,
TABAC shaving soap w/ warm water lather,
finish with cold water rinse for a DFS!

An excellent lather with the 1305 and TABAC!

T&H 1805 Cream / Simpson's Colonel / Gillette Red Tip SS (Feather) / T&H 1805 AS Balm

View attachment 241009

Excellent Shots everyone!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Friday

Music
Little Texas

Hardware
Bukhave Scuttle
Semogue 2009 LE
Gillette Fat Handled Tech with Derby Extra (49)

Software
Nanny's Lemony Lime w/ goat milk
Williams Ice Blue After Shave
T&H Freshman Cologne

Have a real nice day Y'all :biggrin1:

proxy.php

Great colours and arrangement, Soren!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Artisan soaps this week.
Prep: Shower/Neutrogena Transparent Facial Bar | Semogue 620 | Mike's Natural Soaps Peppermint & Rosemary | Edwin Jagger DE89 Barley | Personna Red | Thayer's W.H. | Proraso Dopobarba

proxy.php

Simple, classic and just "well done". Excellent!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Happy Friday!
~05/04/2012~

Kimson VU Silvertip | Merkur Progress w/ Red IP (UK) | Proraso Crema Pre E Dopo Barba | Martin De Candre | Al Raz's ASB Custom "El Tangerino"

Holy Cow! I know when I initially owned the Futur I loved it but then I kept nicking myself unintentionally around my nostrils b/c of the big razor head. So I eventually sold it off, but after I sold my Db 1.5x scuttle and Merkur HD I had enough funds to get a Merkur Progress on BST for an excellent price. Today was the first time I tried it out and now I know what the fuss is all about. This is like the futur to me but many times better. I can shave with confidence added is its adjustability/maneuverability. Also the razor head is just perfect for wiping off those whiskers on my upper lip. After getting used to and gaining some more funds I might upgrade it to a Mergress! So I'm little excited today b/c i'll be getting my new custom scuttle which I call the "Schwarz Moss". Well I bid adieu and you all have an Excellent Day!

proxy.php

A wonderful shot, Balaji! And Martin de Candre... :001_wub:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
13/16 Toyo "Scheon Burg" #777, Full Hollow Ground, Square Point
Imperial Shave Pegasus III Strop
Custom Simpson Duke 3 Silvertip (3-Band)
L'Occitane Cade Soap
Cold Water Rinse
New Proraso Splash
Houbigant Fougere Royale

proxy.php

A stunning composition, David! It seems you quite like your new Duke 3 Silvertip!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Thank you Marco! Are you considering to use MdC for your next shave?

Balaji, I have been wet shaving for about 17 years now and have over 5,000 DE/straight shaves under my belt. I have also tested many soaps and creams from many different countries. Martin de Candre is one of the finest I've ever used, of them all. Simply superior IMHO.

Thanks a lot David! I was aiming for the glossy retro look from the old picture magazines, but now that I look at it I failed again.
Which Hermes did you choose?

Ivan, you haven't failed there. It may not quite be the intended, but nevertheless, it's a gorgeous pic. I have Hermes Un Jardin en Mediterranee and Santal Massoia.

Cool composition and glow! What do you think of the new Proraso splash? I'm a newcomer to the Proraso line and I just picked this up myself - along with the old version so I could compare the two like a good B&Ber :001_smile

Thank you.:thumbup1: I have used the new Proraso splash twice now, and I have to say I prefer the original formula. The scent is pretty similar, however, I prefer the menthol kick of the original. The new just doesn't quite match it IMO. Looks like I need to stock up on a couple of 400ml bottles.

+1 - Outstanding, David. What are you using to create your SOTD lately?

Thanks, Bill. I am still just using my phone camera, but Photobucket has significantly upgraded its image editing facility. I haven't set out to create a particular image, simply experimented with the options now available.

Very nicely arranged for a superb shot! How is the Cade SS?

Thanks, Balaji. The Cade is wonderful. A year or so ago I was ready to dismiss this soap as a flop, however, the scent is one of the best, and I wouldn't let it go. A second puck and this one performs outstandingly well. I wouldn't class the lather as especially thick, but it is very protective, slick, and post shave feel is excellent. I have just bought 2 more pucks.

A stunning composition, David! It seems you quite like your new Duke 3 Silvertip!

Thank you, Marco. Yes, I love this new Simpson. Less scritch than the standard Best hair, yet same performance. I didn't ever believe I would say this but my Thater has just been relegated in to second place.

Thank you.:thumbup1: I have used the new Proraso splash twice now, and I have to say I prefer the original formula. The scent is pretty similar, however, I prefer the menthol kick of the original. The new just doesn't quite match it IMO. Looks like I need to stock up on a couple of 400ml bottles.
Exactly my feelings-reason I asked. While a Proraso newbie, I used the old formula this morning and definitely prefer that menthol blast which I could feel for a good hr afterwards. I've been comparing the two this week-the new version hardly does that. Haha I just started using Proraso splashes this week and I've already stashed(hoarded) a backup bottle of the old stuff - I like it that much. The new formula one might have a slightly, cleaner, fresher, less medicinal smell though, but it's subtle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom