13/3/2012
Pre : Aleppo Soap + Myrsol Emulsion
Bowl : Robert Becker Scuttle
Brush : Muhle Badger 21mm x 48mm
Safety Razor : ILe De France Slant
Blade : Rapira Super Stainless #1
Soap : Valobra Almond Lavanda Cream Soap

proxy.php

You've got off to an excellent start here in the SOTD forum with all superb pics, and this one not excluded! Wonderful!!:thumbup1:

Tuesday

Music
Anita Baker - Compositions

Hardware
Bukhave Scuttle
No Name Silvertip
Gillette Fat Handled Tech with Derby Extra (35)

Software
Proraso Shaving Cream
Proraso After Shave
Penhaligon's Esprit Du Roi EDT

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

No red but some blue here, Soren.:ohmy: Match watching or listening tonight for the Liverpool derby?

Good Morning Everyone!
~03/13/2012~

"Macfix Grosvenor"| Merkur 1904 CC w/ Red IP | Proraso Crema Pre E Dopo Barba |Mitchell's Wool Fat| Al Raz ASB Custom "El Tangerino"

If I could only use one Shaving Soap its MWF! I use it every week in my rotation and I just love the results post shave. The Lanolin really helps by not getting any nicks or weepers. For the price of a refill puck it really is unbeatable. Until recently I did not know it was made of Tallow b/c I thought it was only Lanolin. I think MWF is great SS tester for peoples skin to see if you can handle a tallow based soap. Well happy shaving and a great day to all!

proxy.php

I agree entirely with everything you say about MWF. An outstanding soap at a very reasonable price. And yet another supreme pic...fantastic!!!:thumbup1:

Great shave and pic, Keith:thumbup1:.....AND.....no sign of camera shake either!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks David. Thankfully all signs of hangover seem to be gone.

I was actually able to take a picture this moring as I got my phone back last night after I mysteriously misplaced it on Saturday night. I honestly hope I never get into such a state again. Thankfully there were people around me looking out for me :thumbup1:

Judging by your pictures this week it's looks like you are certainly enjoying your time off. Another very nice one from you today.

I agree entirely with everything you say about MWF. An outstanding soap at a very reasonable price. And yet another supreme pic...fantastic!!!:thumbup1:

Thank you very much David! As for your pic right here I love how you took the picture outdoors!

6/8 Thiers-Issard "Le Grelot", 3/4 Hollow Ground, Round Point, Buckeye Burl Scales
Imperial Shave Pegasus III Strop
Shavemac 177, 23mm Silvertip
Palmolive Stick
Cold Water Rinse
Spanish Floid Mentolado Suave
Hermes Santal Massoia

proxy.php

How do you like the Palmolive SStick? How would you compare it to Arko?

An interesting scent for a soap, Bill. Another early birthday present?:001_unsur

David, not an early birthday gift, merely a little indulgence for myself. The scent is actually very good. A lot of citrus combined with a sweet woodiness. And what's not to love about some tallow and lanolin?

I trust you're enjoying your time off. Where did you sneak off to for your holiday?

Thanks David. Thankfully all signs of hangover seem to be gone.

I was actually able to take a picture this moring as I got my phone back last night after I mysteriously misplaced it on Saturday night. I honestly hope I never get into such a state again. Thankfully there were people around me looking out for me :thumbup1:

Judging by your pictures this week it's looks like you are certainly enjoying your time off. Another very nice one from you today.

Thanks, Keith, and yes, it beats work any day! Although having said that, I do miss the rush hour traffic and early morning rise:cryin::lol:

Thank you very much David! As for your pic right here I love how you took the picture outdoors!

How do you like the Palmolive SStick? How would you compare it to Arko?

Outdoor background shots are new to me, and being away was a good time to try it, I thought.
The Palmolive stick is not one of my favourites....I don't really know why I brought it when I have 3 others I prefer. It performs well enough but there's something about it, scent included, that has me reaching elsewhere. And as for Arko, no contest there-great performance and scent(yes, I love it!).

David, not an early birthday gift, merely a little indulgence for myself. The scent is actually very good. A lot of citrus combined with a sweet woodiness. And what's not to love about some tallow and lanolin?

I trust you're enjoying your time off. Where did you sneak off to for your holiday?

Sometimes you just have to do it yourself, Bill.:001_huh:
I've sneaked away 4 hours drive north to North Yorkshire. Very relaxing!

proxy.php

Tuesday:
Palmolive shave stick
Simpson Classic 1
Fatboy w/ shark (1)
travel sized Tabac

Decent shave this morning although I'm always leery about using Palmolive becasue I tend to get a weeper every time I shave with it. Not today as the shave went well and keeping in the theme of small I busted out my Classic 1 and a travel sized Tabac that I picked up at an antique store.

There's no doubt Palmolive is an excellent soap, but it's never really taken my eye for regular use, other than times like this when travelling. Glad it performed flawlessly for you this time, Chris!:001_smile

Good evening friends!
PREP: Proraso Preshave Cream
BRUSH: 21 mm SIMPSON Commodore X1 Best badger
SOAP/CREAM: PLISSON Shaving Soap
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Fitjar Lathering Up Shaving Bowl
RAZOR: Iwasaki Kamisori
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: De Vergulde Hand After Shave Balsem
RESULT: BBS shave

proxy.php

Have a nice day,
Béla

Late today, Bela, but well worth the wait, my friend! :thumbup1:

No red but some blue here, Soren.:ohmy: Match watching or listening tonight for the Liverpool derby?

Blue is actually my favourite colour, so it is strange that it was Liverpool, Ferrari and Ducati I fell for.

And regarding the match; unfortunately I'm not able to see or hear it :crying: I'm on evening shift this week.
But just having returned from work and checked the result :jump: :thumbup: :clap: - there's a reason to the name 'Captain Fantastic' :biggrin1:

Blue is actually my favourite colour, so it is strange that it was Liverpool, Ferrari and Ducati I fell for.

And regarding the match; unfortunately I'm not able to see or hear it :crying: I'm on evening shift this week.
But just having returned from work and checked the result :jump: :thumbup: :clap: - there's a reason to the name 'Captain Fantastic' :biggrin1:

We were deserverd winners too which is a very nice change from recent performances I've seen.

Tues.
Brush: Omega Boar
Soap/Creme: Poraso
Razor: Merkur Futur
Blade: Merkur
Pre: Poraso Pre/post
Hair Groom: Gables Creme-Oil
Result: DFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom