What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - August 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday, August 1, 2012. Good Morning!

Morning Coffee: Dunkin Donuts
Prep: Wash face with Speick Soap
Razor: Schick I1
Blade: Schick
Soap: Palmolive Classic
Brush: Vulfix 405 Strand Boar
Scuttle/Mug: Schwarzweisskeramik

View attachment 262074

Johnny, I'm still waiting to see that coffee in one of your pics!!!!:biggrin1:

I pretty much agree with your assessment of those artisan soap makers. I've never tried Mystic Waters, but JabonMan and Mike's are at the top of the small soap producers that I have tried. For me, I'm not sure which I like more. I'm wondering if you've ever used Nanny's Silly Soap and where it fits in -- there's been lots written about how good those soaps are, too.
No, I've never tried that soap, Matt, and I need to hold off I think. I am trying to reduce my soaps in rotation by eliminating the poorer performing ones at the moment!

proxy.php

Decided to let my cut from yesterday heal
Lucido | Imaginary Authors Bull's Blood

:sad: But tomorrow's nearly here, Bill. I hope you weren't in court today, cut and unshaven. :001_unsur

Thursday

Bukhave Scuttle ¤ Semogue Owners Club 2-band, Ash ¤ Gillette Fat Handled Tech with Derby Extra (15)
Kent Shaving Soap ¤ T&H Sandalwood Aftershave Balm ¤ Ferrari Passion EDT

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

We don't see the Kent/MWF coming out very often with you, Soren. It's obviously not one of your favourites?

Good Morning !
~08/02/2012~

Semogue 830 \\ Muhle R89 w/ Red IP \\ 3P Pre Per E Post Barba \\ Proraso Sapone Da Barbe: Sandalo \\ La Toja Manantiales After Shave Balsamo

Excellent SC! Knowing that Proraso has a blue version of the SC, I need to pick up some but then again there's just too much in my rotation. But I'm happy to say that my Simpson PL8 Super Badger showed up yesterday. Its mighty hefty packed with a perfect knot that is dense. The knot is 26mm set at 50mm. Its pretty much a mm or two smaller than an CH2! It will be featured for tomorrow SOTD, now its a just a pick between MWF and MNS. You all have a great day!

proxy.php

Well I am not going to be biased here, Balaji, but I would say the MWF for tomorrow, definitely!:thumbup: Looking forward to seeing the new Simpson.

Good morning friends! :001_smile

PREP: Proraso Preshave Cream
BRUSH: 31mm KENT BK12 Pure Badger
SOAP/CREAM: Art Shaving Lemon Shaving Cream
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Georgetown Pottery Scuttle
RAZOR: 7 /8" J.A. Henckels Friodur, stainless steel, square point, w/Worked back and White Ebony scales
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: Proraso Liquid Crema After Shave
RESULT: Comfortable, BBS shave

proxy.php

Have a nice day,
Béla​

That BL12 looks enormous, Bela!:ohmy: Wonderful stuff, my friend!:thumbup:

Prep L'Occitane Vetyver Soap
Razor Feather Artist Club - SS
Blade Feather Pro
Brush Le Tuft 59 in Buckeyed Burl
Soap Vito's Coconut & Almond
Alum & Witch Hazel
Neil's Yard Rose Moisturiser
L'Occitane Cedre L'Atlas Eau de Parfum.

Jamie.

What chance do any whiskers stand against the terminator of the razor world the AC - SS.

proxy.php

My word, Jamie, this looks like you had an action packed shave today!:ohmy::thumbup:

Great looking oldie pic, Keith!:thumbup: Where are you these days? Not seeing too much of you around here of late.

Thanks David.

The other half has started staying over more so I've not got as much time in the mornings. I'll just start kicking her out in the mornings so I'll have more time :wink2::lol:

But seriously though, I plan to start trying to post more. I'll have one tomorrow anyway :001_smile

We don't see the Kent/MWF coming out very often with you, Soren. It's obviously not one of your favourites?

No, it is definitely not a favourite.
Great glide and protection, the best I have tried so far - but the scent puts me off.
And as Nanny's Silly Soap is very close to the MWF in performance but with incredible nice scents I won't be restocking the MWF/Kent when I finally hit the bottom of the bowl with this one.
QCS soaps are also up there, but unfortunately customs, taxes and postal service charges are killing it price-wise.

Mk32 | Rover | Jabonman Vetiver/Mandarin/Litsea Cubea | Lucido | Villoresi Vetiver
proxy.php

Top shelf! This was a combination that could not help but put a smile on my face. The lather from Manuel's soaps is amazing. It is rich and slick and leaves my face feeling incredible. In fact, my skin was so well hydrated that it took a while for the Lucido to even sink in. The Mk32, of course, needs no introduction! My easily accomplished 2-pass BBS is paired today with a new suit, new bow tie, and an incredibly positive outlook on life. My opponent in court today won't know what hit him!

A positive attitude. That's what I like to see, Bill!:thumbup: Manuel's soaps are quite exceptional IMO. Their performance from start to finish is hard to beat. Now I hope that final sentence is not to be taken literally, my friend, although that is one way to eliminate the opposition, I suppose!:ohmy:

A positive attitude. That's what I like to see, Bill!:thumbup: Manuel's soaps are quite exceptional IMO. Their performance from start to finish is hard to beat. Now I hope that final sentence is not to be taken literally, my friend, although that is one way to eliminate the opposition, I suppose!:ohmy:

You never know what I'm capable of in court! :scared: I am a huge fan of Manuel's offerings. I can't wait for my Lime/Mint and my Haitian Vetiver!

It's Friday !
~08/03/2012~

Simpson PL8 3Band Super Badger \\ Muhle R89 w/ Red IP \\ 3P Pre Per E Post Barba \\ Mitchell's Wool Fat \\ Nivea Replenishing Post Shave Balm

Now what can I say about this brush, HOLY MOLY! Now I know what I've been missing out on. This 3Band Super Badger I find is superior than the Shavemac I used to have. Although the knot is bigger, pricewise I'm a lot happier with this brush! It massive and the greatest part was that I didn't get any lather on my hands which is how this brush was designed. Then again I bought it barely used and don't regret it one bit. This will be in rotation and don't think I need another Simpson b/c this thing is perfect IMO. Friends, you have a great day/weekend!

proxy.php

Congratulations, Balji! The brush is beautiful and you captured it wonderfully in this exquisite SOTD image!

It's Friday !
~08/03/2012~

Simpson PL8 3Band Super Badger \\ Muhle R89 w/ Red IP \\ 3P Pre Per E Post Barba \\ Mitchell's Wool Fat \\ Nivea Replenishing Post Shave Balm

Now what can I say about this brush, HOLY MOLY! Now I know what I've been missing out on. This 3Band Super Badger I find is superior than the Shavemac I used to have. Although the knot is bigger, pricewise I'm a lot happier with this brush! It massive and the greatest part was that I didn't get any lather on my hands which is how this brush was designed. Then again I bought it barely used and don't regret it one bit. This will be in rotation and don't think I need another Simpson b/c this thing is perfect IMO. Friends, you have a great day/weekend!

proxy.php

Muhle Sea Buckthorn - Semogue 1520 - 7/8 Hibbard Spencer & Co - TOBS Victorian Limes

proxy.php

6/8 Wade & Butcher "The Celebrated", Extra Hollow Ground, Square Point
Kanayama No.3 Strop
Simpson Chubby 1 Super
RazoRock King Louis Lavender
Cold Water Rinse
Spanish Floid Mentolado Suave
D'Orsay Arome 3 EdT

proxy.php

Mk32 | Rover | Jabonman Vetiver/Mandarin/Litsea Cubea | Lucido | Villoresi Vetiver
proxy.php

Top shelf! This was a combination that could not help but put a smile on my face. The lather from Manuel's soaps is amazing. It is rich and slick and leaves my face feeling incredible. In fact, my skin was so well hydrated that it took a while for the Lucido to even sink in. The Mk32, of course, needs no introduction! My easily accomplished 2-pass BBS is paired today with a new suit, new bow tie, and an incredibly positive outlook on life. My opponent in court today won't know what hit him!

Friday

Spanish bowl ¤ PenWorks Super Silvertip ¤ Gillette Fat Handled Tech with Derby Extra (16)
Valobra Crema di Sapone, mandorla ¤ Myrsol Agua De Limón ¤ T&H Freshman Cologne

Have a nice weekend, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

proxy.php

Martin de Candre, unscented - Simpson Case - Boker Edelweiss/Gillette Red Tip - Crabtree & Evelyn Post-Shave - Jo Malone Amber & Lavender edc

Another day with wonderful pics :thumbup: Congratulations to all!
Thanks for these great pictures!

Gentlemen, I love B&B's SOTD :001_wub:

Congratulations, Balji! The brush is beautiful and you captured it wonderfully in this exquisite SOTD image!

Bill, Thank you so much! This brush is awesome. My friend your SOTD pic is like a Royal Flush!

proxy.php

David your close ups are awesome! Also the way you set up the hardware/software is an art of itself. How's CH1 in super badger treating ya?

6/8 Wade & Butcher "The Celebrated", Extra Hollow Ground, Square Point
Kanayama No.3 Strop
Simpson Chubby 1 Super
RazoRock King Louis Lavender
Cold Water Rinse
Spanish Floid Mentolado Suave
D'Orsay Arome 3 EdT

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom