SOTD Monday, September 5 - Sunday, September 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
SMF Brush
QED Lime Soap in the Tub
Schick Injector with Personna Blade
Trumpers Extract of West Indian Limes Skin Food
Taylor's no74 Victorian Lime EdT

The QED lime in the tub remains at the pinnacle of my shaving experience, as usual. I haven't found anything that even comes close.

Merkur \| with an Exchange Select Platinum Chrome Double Edge Blade (Day 7 of \| Test Run)
Kent BK-12 Silvertip
Taylors of Old Bond Street Eton College Collection Shaving Cream
QEDman DaVinci Water
Taylors of Old Bond Street Eton College Collection Luxury Deodorant (Gotta' Get That Fragrance In Wherever You Can :w00t: )
Taylors of Old Bond Street Eton College Collection Aftershave
Taylors of Old Bond Street Eton College Collection Cologne

guenron said:
Merkur \| with an Exchange Select Platinum Chrome Double Edge Blade (Day 7 of \| Test Run)
Kent BK-12 Silvertip
Taylors of Old Bond Street Eton College Collection Shaving Cream
QEDman DaVinci Water
Taylors of Old Bond Street Eton College Collection Luxury Deodorant (Gotta' Get That Fragrance In Wherever You Can :w00t: )
Taylors of Old Bond Street Eton College Collection Aftershave
Taylors of Old Bond Street Eton College Collection Cologne
Ron,
Too bad they don't make a "Taylors of Old Bond Street Eton College Collection Water" or you would be all set!!

AACJ said:
Ron,
Too bad they don't make a "Taylors of Old Bond Street Eton College Collection Water" or you would be all set!!
They do, it's called eau de cologne.. :wink:
Added: This is the second Taylor's cologne fragrance cream I have done this with. The first was the Shaving Shop (Maroon Range). It really is a great fragrance experience and adds to the joy of the shave. I'll usually save the scent collections for a Saturday or Sunday shave so I can take my time and really enjoy and let SWMBO in on the experience.

Showered with SoapDance Sandalwood Vanilla Bath Soap
Merkur Vision with Feather High Stainless Platinum
Shavemac SMF Special
QEDman Bergamot Shaving Soap
Burt's Bees Garden Tomato Toner
Proraso Liquid Cream After Shave
Murray & Lanman's Florida Water

IMG_0101.jpg

Simpson PJ2 Super
Proraso Pre/Post
Proraso Shave soap
Merkur Slant Bar
Proraso A/S Splash
Avalon Organics Lavender

rtaylor61 said:
Joel,

Are you taking lessons from Richard? This could have been his Sunday post! Love the handle on that brush!

Randy

Well.... if you really want to be a stickler about it.... I WAS the first person to post a visual SOTD :tongue:

All kidding aside - yes, my "sunday proraso day" was Richard inspired. The proraso products work wonders together, and after having done the "lavaganza" I realized how fun, and more enjoyable the shave is, when all of the products seem to go hand in hand.... I think tomorrow is going to have to be violet day!

All kidding aside - yes, my "sunday proraso day" was Richard inspired. The proraso products work wonders together, and after having done the "lavaganza" I realized how fun, and more enjoyable the shave is, when all of the products seem to go hand in hand.... I think tomorrow is going to have to be violet day!

Yes, Joel, you were the first to post the visual SOTD! So, now that you are hooked on "layering", you'll need to tour Ron's warehouse of shaving goods. I swear that if a product is availble in multiple forms, he has them all! :cool:

Oh, I did my own "lavaganza" some time back (that's Taylor's Lavender soap refill in the mug):
http://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/media/5/full

Randy

Last edited by a moderator:
Men-U ultra concentrated shave cream,
Men-U "premiere" synthetic bristle brush (odd, but I'm starting to like it)
Men-U face wash
Men-U aftershave balm (moisturizing lift or whatever its called)
El-Cheapo 99cent DE purchased at (surprise) The 99 cent store. I've posted a little about it over at SMF, but so far for a razor I wouldn't freak if I lost, it did quite well, even with the (apparently) Egyptian made blade that comes with it.
Truefitt&Hill Spanish Leather A/S splash

John P.

rtaylor61 said:
Yes, Joel, you were the first to post the visual SOTD! So, now that you are hooked on "layering", you'll need to tour Ron's warehouse of shaving goods. I swear that if a product is availble in multiple forms, he has them all! :cool:

Oh, I did my own "lavaganza" some time back (that's Taylor's Lavender soap refill in the mug):
http://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/media/5/full

Randy

Your Lavaganza just bitchmade mine..... :a9:

Last edited by a moderator:
Since today is the anniversary of the 9/11 attack on New York, I'm shaving with my RazoRock "For New York" soap and my Fat Boy razor and using my Newly aquired Zenith Horse brush.

$IMG_20160911_064232b.jpg

Sunday 11 September 2016

proxy.php

Getting Ready to Go Back Home

I am getting ready to go back home and before leaving it is always my custom to shave. As this Club Razor has been the only one I brought with me in this month's trip, I used again this Mastro Livi's masterpiece for today's shave. Smooth and velvety, giving a very close shave, the privileged ones who own this beauty know what I am talking about. As for the rest, I used my own homemade shaving soap - in my opinion one of the very best soaps I have ever used in my life - as well as the luxurious and fragrant ending touch of one my favorite aftershaves: Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve.​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: RazorGuy Shaving Soap
  • Brush: Omega Bristle #10275
  • Bowl: Chinese Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Travel Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Club Razor 2016 CarboInox, 7/8 Full Hollow, Spanish Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extravirgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom