What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" - November 28th - December 4th, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
A great soap made in Victoria BC with a new blade and improved technique made for a great shave today.

proxy.php

SUNDAY SOTD ::::: December 4, 2016

Prep: Hot shower w/Gillette Fusion ProSeries Sensitive Face Wash
Pre-shave Oil: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Soap: Barrister & Mann Beaudelaire
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Best 23mm
Razor: iKon OSS w/Bamboo handle
Blade: Kai (5)
Post Splash: Humphreys Lilac Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Beaudelaire
Post Shave Balm: Nivea Sensitive

$2016-12-04-17-04-14.jpg

Thanks. Haunted Woods was the first Cellar Door Soap I tried, and I really like it. Once I use it up, I will try another scent. What scents did you order? Let use know how you like them.

As for the Feather AC - This blade is like the Energizer Bunny! It is not as sharp as new, but it is still going strong. The Hawk is my first SE razor and this is first blade I used in it. What a great value. I really like these products and how well they work together. I am very interested in how long this blade will last.

Since they were retiring or closeouts I ordered the Haddonville Harvest, Halloween Hootenanny, Haunted Woods and Transylvania Trance. I almost picked up several samples but decided not to. I would like to try a couple more, including a Christmas one or two. I'll let you know what I think about them.

I'll use my Feather AC until it says "no more"; I'm only at 5 so far.

Thank you Ron. This brush is special to me. While the knot is from El Druida, the handle was turned by a friend. He sent me a couple of prototypes to evaluate. I tested both handles with an inexpensive synthetic knot installed and fell in love with handle. I had an extra Druida knot and presto we have one of my favorite brushes.

That handle really is a prize.

Thanks Ron! And thanks all! Another great week! :thumbup1:
Next week, something different. Maybe not picture wise so much, but I was cruising Maggard's site again, and ya know how that goes!

Yeah, Maggards is a Lorelei! I've made 15 orders since April. Their Edge free shipping program is a killer ... makes small, impulse buying so easy....

I'm currently closing in on 50 with my black hawk. The shaves are tuggy, but I'm getting no irritation or ingrowns, so I'm just going to keep using it.

That's one fine blade, Derek! No idea what the record is but 50 would be quite an accomplishment.

proxy.php

Schick Canadian Injector | Schick Krona Blade | Sudsy Soapery Sandalwood & Myrrh | Omega S Brush

A busy Sunday called for an injector today! I'm enjoying looking through everyone's shaves. Great pictures all.

Thanks Ron. I rarely use a straight so scary at times and did draw a weeper on right side of chin. Forgot to ask yesterday but you mentioned the BWW/BSG aftershave balm had some staying power but is it tacky or thick on the skin?

To double check I just put some on my cheeks. No tackiness at all. It absorbs into the skin and leaves the face soft and smooth with that great lingering fragrance. I've used several of Kelly's balms and they are all of the same quality.

Forgot to post the SOTD from the other day.

Razor: C.V. Heljestrand MK*31
Brush: Vintage Blades 22mm Finest
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
Aftershave: Halston Z-14
EDT: Halston Z-14

proxy.php

Another excellent Sunday at SOTD, gentlemen, thanks to your contributions. Beauty in photographs and in words was in abundance.

All were greatly appreciated.

@blexa - Nice close up portrait. Neat brush handle. How is the Kappus cream?
@Smooth Steve - Like this vertical. The Lush Five O'clock Whistle is a brushless cream? Does it work well?
@Navarrsky - Stunning array. Beautiful Wiborg.
@Dagwoodz - Love the cropping for the horizontal, Josh. Cool spicy hot shave!
@shm - Neat b&w, Søren. Myrsol and Penhaligon's ... great bookends.
@razorguy - Another fine photo of an intriguing shave. Bravo to you for your homemade products!
@Tenergy - A superb shot of some exceptional products, Valeri.
@Clint64 - Beautiful high angle picture. Like your commentary. Likewise, I have a spot on the left side of my neck that is the devil to shave closely.
@Cash_Stronomer - Lovely composition. The play of light and shadow on the razon and brush is exquisite. The water looks frozen.
@mcdig - Excellent dramatic overhead pic of your elements, Mark. Love your framing.
@Bobcat - Good luck on this "Spoiler," Bob.
@Jnatcat - Solid lineup, Will. That Old Spice in the mug is a tease.
@Antique Hoosier - Quite an interesting overhead photo, Mike. Like the razor, brush and cologne placement.
@prometeo - What a striking picture. Love that SE! What model is it? Nice frame.
@Doug57 - Doug, that's a great statuette to hold your razor, brush and soap.
@lindyhop66 - Fine presentation photo. Love that brush handle. Great leaf placement!
@jmudrick - Accomplished close-in shot. Nice looking adjustable. Hope the twins performed well.
@xxlpack - That's quite a worthy picture, colorful with an impeccable arrangement. Would love to find the CF Tabac Spirit! Niely composed label of your shave also.
@eezee - Love flipping back and forth between these two photos: same arrangement but so different to the eye. Both superb shaves in their own right!
@nikonNUT - That #15 looks to be a fine DE to shave with. Watch out for Hallows; it'll grow on you!
@skypsyd - Spectacular photo, Dave. Exquisite array. With the RX, Paladin and Spitfire the stubble never had a chance!
@JBO667 - Jerad, if you can find products locally that work well for you that is great!
@spookmeister - Welcome to SOTD. Nice high angle shot for a sweet looking shave.
@sandstone - Masterfully done again, Phil! Great use of the brush holder as support for the S2.
@ciderguy - This treatment has a real windswept feel, Nick. How did the vintage Krona blade perform?
@Smattayu - Very attractive b&w nicely aligned.

Hope everyone's weekend went quite well and your evening is progressing nicely.

I'll be closing this thread in a little while and opening the new one.

So, good night, gents. I'll be seeing you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom