What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" November 14th - November 20th, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Wow! Is that razor a bulldog? Beautiful!

'34 US Aristocrat TTO. This is my Bulldog... :001_smile
proxy.php

Last edited:
1970 Gillette Super Adjustable- 3 pass set on 7- Feather blade
Semogue Boar
Williams mug soap
Lucky Tiger aftershave

Very smooth razor, but also very mild when side-by-side with a slim. Required some extra touch up on my 4 day-old beard (read: very thick). Though I can probably blame some of the touch up on the Williams, I really should've gone with an OC, but this one just called out to me tonight.

An excellent Sunday, gentlemen! Fine photographs and accomplished verbal posts and commentaries. Thanks for each; they are most appreciated.

@ram57 - Richly done photo. That's one sharp looking steampunked Feather! How was the Crowne & Crane?
@skypsyd - Pure elegance, Dave. Such an attractive shave.
@Dagwoodz - Looks like a fine shave to me, Josh. I really should use one of the Mystic Water soaps I have.
@alfredus - Lovely setting for your razor and brush. Coloration is perfect.
@wimbouman - Nice close-in, moody shot, Wim. Like the framing. Nice looking Simpson.
@Jnatcat - Neat close arrangement, Will. Like the viewpoint. Minty MicroMatic.
@shm - Quality framing for an eye catching sepia-like portrait, Søren. Love it.
@azwetshaver - How do you like the iKon OSS, Gabe? When I was buying my iKons the OSS was unavailable so eventually I ending up with a standard head and an OC.
@cmh737 - Ah, a green adventure, Chris. Nicely presented.
@ymiclassroom - Sharp looking photo.
@razorguy - Your photo is a feast for shave-starved eyes! That is a beautiful blade. Make sure you display your brush when you get it.
@120inna55 - What a handsome shot, Matt. The sweeping grain of the bowl is an excellent backdrop for your elements.
@Bobcat - Your choice of blades is first rate, Bob.
@Clint64 - Love the close up overhead shot with the rocky background.
@UngerWoo - Now this is a quality shave.
@Doug57 - Attractive photo, Doug. Nice alignment using the prancing horse.
@Cash_Stronomer - Excellent! The inclusion of your brush and razor within the silhouette of the sundial is striking. The background trees and shadows is breathtaking.
@Hanover - Glad you brought the items into the light, Mark. They make a fine photo!
@Sdm84 - That a beautiful razor, Owen ... and quite a neat b&w vertical photo also.
@xxlpack - Frame it and put it on the wall! Like your tight alignment.
@doc47 - Sweet overhead POV, Dan.
@jmudrick - Interesting composition. I think the Maca Root is often underrated; I've always gotten great performances from it.
@sarimento1 - Scintillating photo, Murray. What I would call a really cool shave....
@LoungeLizard - Fine close-in pic, Larry. Like the slight angular distortion and "thrusting" appearance of the soap.
@RetLEO-07 - Nice lineup. I think any NEW shave is a great shave.
@blzrfn - Excellent photo, Dave. Placement is very effective against the solid black backdrop. Hope the El Jefe is irritation free.
@ciderguy - I love a soft, smuggy candy colored design, Nick. You did it in spades!
@Smooth Steve - Superb soft focus b&w. Like the hat!
@eezee - Another fine looking shave with a couple of great closers.
@Brewster - Really neat photo. Love the selective focal point, diluted color, obscured background and irregular frame.
@blexa - Marvelous shot. Lovely arrangement. Fine background.
@JBO667 - Like your POV, Jerad. It sounds like a successful shave.
@nikonNUT - That's a shave to pine for! Sorry, couldn't help myself.
@DblD - Nice angle for the shot. Love the handle on the Black Hawk.
@CT23 - Talk about alignment! An exceptional photo, Chris. Love the setting. Great lighting! What knack you have!
@ClemsonTigerz - Nice looking shave. Like your GEM Junior. Nice mug.

Another week at SOTD is ending. I certainly hope your weekend went well.

I'll be closing this thread soon and opening another one.

Good evening to you, gents. Be seeing you.

Last edited:
@ram57 - Richly done photo. That's one sharp looking steampunked Feather! How was the Crowne & Crane?
Thanks, 2nd time using the Crowne & Crane so still dialing it in but nice and thick lather just the way I want it with lots of glide, protection and slick post shave feel. Really like the Tobacco aroma this one has, and very similar to MW Sweet Briar.

Thanks, 2nd time using the Crowne & Crane so still dialing it in but nice and thick lather just the way I want it with lots of glide, protection and slick post shave feel. Really like the Tobacco aroma this one has, and very similar to MW Sweet Briar.

Sounds good. I looked at their web site and I'm thinking about getting three of their soaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom