What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" November 14th - November 20th, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
$IMG_0116.jpg
Palmolive/Rudy Vey Envy White/Ikon OSS/Feather/WSP Barbershop

Gentlemen, I'd say that Saturday has been a great start to the weekend at SOTD. There is so much creativity here in the photographs and verbal posts.

Again I want to thank each contributor, whether as a skillful snapper of scintillating photos or a crafter of finely worded descriptions. Your efforts make our humble home quite an intriguing place to visit.

@Hanover - Like the strong diagonal alignment, Mark. Again I'm getting a hankering for Hot Apple Cider and Autumn Factory.

Thanks Ron . .Have a great day :thumbup:

Sunday evening

Razor: Superspeed
Blade: Personna Barber (4)
Soap: Tabac
Brush: Rooney 3/1
A/S: Nivea
ASB: Gaia Organic ASB

Sunday 20 November 2016

proxy.php

Mastro Livi Damasteel Ladder, 6/8 Full Hollow, French Point

I ordered my Mastro Livi Club Shave Brush 2016 Edition and, while I am waiting for this exclusive and beautiful brush to be made by Mastro Livi - as well as for all the other members of Google+ Mastro Livi Club - for today's shave I used the very first Mastro Livi shave brush I ordered to him. As for the razor, I opted for a beautiful Damasteel Ladder pattern blade which delivered, as usual, a comfortable and close shave, although somewhat aggressive, something common to all Damasteel blades, as far as I can tell. Satisfactory shave for a smooth BBS, while dreaming of using my Mastro Livi Club Shave Brush 2016 Edition. I can't wait and, of course, I am counting each minute to the day Mastro Livi will give me this exclusive and beautiful shave brush.​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Weleda Shaving Cream
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Silvertip Badger, Makassar Handle, 26mm knot
  • Bowl: Gerby Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Damasteel Ladder, 6/8 Full Hollow, French Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: Felce Azzurra

Sunday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Bath Soap-Scots Pine Sheep
Soap: RazoRock Tuscan Oud
Razor: Gillette Fat Boy
Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel (6)
Brush: Elite Razor Silvertip-24mmx50mm
Aftershave: Country Club Southern Oud

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

RazoRock Tuscan Oud today. 20 seconds to load the Elite Silvertip. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Rapira Swedish Supersteel still in the Fat Boy. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with Country Club Southern Oud aftershave.

Bob

proxy.php

November 20, 2016
Wolfman WR-01 Ti OC with Hempel Ti
Feather
“Los Tres Amigos Dos” CH 2 Synthetic LE
Reef Point Dragon’s Blood
Witch Hazel

After 21 shaves with the vintage Personna 74 it was nice to load a fresh Feather into the Wolfman. I did notice that while the Feather was sharper it was also more harsh. When using Feathers all the time I do not notice the harshness. The CH2 synthetic whipped up the RP Dragon's Blood into a rich slick lather. I truly enjoy the way this scent fills the room and lingers long after the shave. After 3 passes and some touch ups I managed to catch the baby. I really can't ask for better. I hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Sunday

Pre-shave: AoS Peppermint Facial Scrub
Razor: Gillette Ball-end Tech
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Caswell Massey Super Badger
Soap: St James of London Cedarwood & Clarysage Shave Cream
Aftershave: Alum/ Thayer's Witch Hazel
Balm: The Cool Fix

20 November 2016

Prep: Nivea Men Original Facial Scrub
Brush: Outback Magna Badger
Cream: TOBS Cedarwood
Razor: Ever-Ready 1912
Blade: Gem SS (7)

$IMG_0749.jpg

Have a great Sunday everyone!

SOTD
11-20-2016

WSP Suds
Boker 5/8
Semogue OC Boar
Lucky Tiger Tonic
YSL L'Homme

I reached for some items that hadn't seen much use lately and was pleasantly surprised.
I'm trying now to remember why these are on the Bench and not some of my Starters.:wink2:

Good Day Gents:001_smile[SUB][/SUB]

Special SOTD

Haven't been shaving much and miss it- in anticipation of Dec. 1 and my return to clean shaven I honed and stropped the wedge blade in my Empire and shaved my neck with it.

Like being transported to a bygone era!

Maca root cream is a perfect complement to the straight-razor like shave the Empire gives.

proxy.php

20 November 2016
[FONT=&amp]
Shaving Soap/cream - Proraso Green (Cream)

Brush - Semogue 1438
Razor - Muhle R89
Blade - Gillette 7 O`clock SharpEdge (Yellow)
After shave - NiveaMen sensitive (Hamamelis Lotion) + Savane Vert Alizé

[/FONT]
proxy.php

A ride on the "E". I've learned the aggressiveness of the E2/Feather really isn't necessary to get a great shave, and today the E3/Plus Plat made for a more relaxed head shave. That Maca Root lathers like a **** doesn't it?

proxy.php

SOTD, Sunday, November 20th, 2016

Shower + Musgo Glyce face lather and rinse
Proraso blue shave cream
Morris & Forndran badger brush
Schulze 6/8" "Sunday" straight razor
Cool washcloth rinse
Aqua Velva Ice Sport aftershave
Truefitt & Hill Trafalgar cologne

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.