What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" - December 5th - December 11th, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

What a fine way to start the weekend at SOTD. Loved every entry. Thank you, gentlemen, for the beautiful photographs, the detailed descriptions of your shaves and the fascinating comments.

Your pictorial and written contributions are greatly appreciated by all that view them.

@carm-gs - Like the setup. Nice lather.
@CaptainGreybeard - Good close-in shot of your array. Excellent commentary.
@Dagwoodz - Neat arrangement of brush and razor, Josh.
@ronindug - Great illusion of blade, soap and brush floating through the rain drops.
@Clint64 - Lovely picture. Nice little alcove you created in the leaves.
@shm - A lot of fine touches in this pic, Søren: the tilted soap in the colorful, massive scuttle, the flair of the bowtie, that fantastic color of the scales....
@Cash_Stronomer - Talk about close focus! That's really quite well done. Love all that diffuse globular color.
@Antique Hoosier - What an excellent close up b&w perspective shot, Mike!
@mcdig - Quite an accomplished POV shot, Mark. Love the reflection in the Blackbird top cap.
@Bobcat - Bob, how did you like the Thuringian Forest? It's one of the soaps I'm thinking of buying.
@lindyhop66 - Really like the play of light and shadow in this photo. Fine looking blade.
@sarimento1 - Beautiful shot, Murray. Nicely color coordinated. The Feather is quite a nifty razor. If I ever try a shavette I'll probably go with the Feather AC.
@Doug57 - Neat high angle shot, Doug. Like the placement of the straight framing the Italian Barber image.
@skypsyd - Quite a high class barbershop shave, Dave. Wonderful photo. Beautiful razor.
@Smooth Steve - A splendid picture, Steve. Those are some fantastic associational items. Nice color tones ... so subtle.
@cmh737 - Marvelous pic, Chris. Great placement of the Aristocrat. Love your color scheme.
@theos - Attractive arrangement and fine lighting. Like the mirror reflection. Nice boxed GEM.
@ciderguy - Pretty rustic looking pic, Nick.
@azwetshaver - Excellent use of reflected light, Gabe. Pleasing layout.
@blzrfn - Spectacular vertical, Dave. Rich, dark, almost syrupy colors; excellent highlighting; and astute alignment, including the cone.
@Jnatcat - Handsome overhead photo, Will. Like the inclusion of the strop.
@DblD - Very striking arrayment. Don't see too many blade banks in SOTDs. Fine pairing of the ATT head and the MR14 handle.
@xxlpack - That's an arresting photo. Love the deep colors.
@ram57 - This photo I'd name "An Autumn Grail Shave"! The bowl is chalice-like holding the autumnal soap, with brush, scent and razor at ready, encased in a scattered floral tribute.
@evnpar - Such a fetching photo! Like your display with the container lid and razor supported by the A/S. Stunning brush. Love the stone facing.
@Brewster - Wonderful vertical presentation. The severe cropping, splay of the razor, the shadows, and highlighted bottom of the photo are very dramatic. Hope the shave went well.
@nikonNUT - Mighty fine looking two days of shaves, each with an excellent soap, distinctive fragrance and a noteworthy razor!
@sandstone - Do it again, Phil! Sharp looking pic, with prime accoutrements ... including that alluring elixir....
@eezee - Two intriguing shaves with a riot of compelling fragrances and two excellent blades ... what's not to like!
@Danjam - Quite an evocative picture. Love the soft toned color of the back- and forground. Nice frame.

I hope everyone's weekend has been pleasant so far and that Sunday will bring a little relaxation.

It's time for me to say good evening, gents. See you soon for another excellent day's adventure in the den....

Last edited:
Sunday's Shave
Shower + Musgo Glyce face lather & rinse

Gillette Aristocrat #15
Astra SP (2)
Thater 4292 Silvertip
Mitchell's Wool Fat shave soap
Penhaligon's Endymion Edt
Penhaligon's Endymion Concentre EdP

proxy.php

Have a Blessed Sunday Gentlemen

SOTD - Sunday, 11 December, 2016 – Mitchell’s Wool Fat Haslinger Schafmilch

Prep: Hot Shower | Eucalyptus and Spearmint soap
Pre-shave: Musgo Real Lima Glyce pre-shave soap | hot towel
Strop: CBLindsay turkish linen (15) | TomoNagura Firehose (40) | TomoNagura Velvet Horsehide (80)
Razor: Pumacker 5/8” Black Diamond
Brush: Rudy Vey 26mm Butterscotch “Chubby” TGN 2-band Finest
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat Haslinger Schafmilch
Bowl: The Shaving Place Mountain Blue Glazed Lather Bowl
Post-shave: Alum | Cold towel | Thayer’s Cucumber Witch Hazel | Nivea Men Facial Cream
Aftershave: Fine Platinum
Fragrance: Club de Nuit Intense Man by Armaf
Album of the Day: No music today!
$SOTD20161211.jpg
Have a nice and relaxing Sunday everyone!

@CaptainGreybeard - Good close-in shot of your array. Excellent commentary.

Thank you, Ron. I appreciate your comments and great commitment to this friendly community. :thumbup1:

An abolutely fantastic Sunday morning shave:

Pre shave: warm water and liquid soap
Brush: Mühle Silbertip Fibre
Lather: Saponificio Virgilio Valobra Genova Crema di sapone purissima
Razor: Baili butterfly
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (3rd shave)
After shave: warm and cold water, Pitralon Classic

A two-pass shave WTG, ATG and a little cleaning up at the chin and neck, followed by rinsing off the remaining lather and applying the after shave care. A mild, safe and quite close shave with my tender Chinese and sharp Japanese. :biggrin1:

The Valobra almond soap is neither a real soap nor a cream. Like the Cella Crema da Barba (the one in the red plastic jar), it is more a kind of soft paste. It is almost insane how little soap is required to create a mountain of rich, thick, slick and protective lather with an intense but very natural smell of sweet and bitter almonds. This soap is world class in every aspect, no two ways about that. Valobra easily wins the "Game of Thrones" for the best shaving soap I have ever had in my life. The only question that that has been going through my mind: What on Earth kept me so long from trying this soap? :001_smile

Have a great Sunday, gentlemen!

proxy.php

proxy.php

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: Wolfman SB-P WRH2 Stainless
Blade: Ladas (2)
Brush: Paste & Cut LE Prototype Platypus
Lather: Stirling Bay Rum
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Thank you for your beautiful pictures gentlemen - I hope you all have a great Sunday :thumbup:

December 11, 2016
Mongoose B2 with Triad Ti
Feather Super Pro (11)
Simpson CH 2 Synthetic
Route 66 Bay Lime Twist
Witch Hazel
Folsom & Co Shambala

Another consistently excellent shave this moring. The CH2 Synthetic whipped up the Route 66 Bay Lime Twist easily with the lime citrus scent adding an enjoyable layer to the shave. Two passes and minimal touch ended in a near BBS shave. I finished off with a splash of Folsom & Co Shambala. I hope everyone has a fantastic Sunday.

today,

- Jabonman -Lavanda
- Koraat Manchurian
- The Claymore
- Feather Professional
- Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
-
proxy.php

proxy.php

Sunday 11 December 2016

proxy.php

Snake Shave

I am absolutely crazy for this masterpiece. This Mastro Livi CarboInox Snake razor is not only a super shaver, but it is also an incredible work of art. The Snake Razor was conceived by Mastro Livi and his son in 2007 and this one is very special. The blade is made from Mastro Livi CarboInox with carbon damascus steel dots inserts, shaded buckeye scales with onyx and white turquoise inserts, a stunning beauty to look at, an incredible smooth shaver giving the very best BBS shave ever! Today I wanted to use Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Shaving Cream, a superlative shaving cream certainly one of the very best shaving soaps around giving a super slick and effective lather with an incredible post shave sensation. A special mention to Mastro Livi Super Silvertip Badger Shave Brush, a great caressing massage on the skin which easily mounted Colla shaving cream into a luxurious lather. The final touch was delivered by Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum aftershave with its "bay rum like" fragrance and I admit I don't like it very much, although good, I like a more genuine and authentic "Bay Rum" fragrance.​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Shaving Cream
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Super Silvertip Badger, Padouk Handle, 24mm knot
  • Bowl: Gerby Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi CarboInox Snake, 8/8 Full Hollow, Snake Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extravirgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

^what a razor!

SOTD, Sunday, December 11th, 2016

Shower + Musgo Glyce face lather and rinse