What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" August 29th - September 4th, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Some GREAT pics you boys are putting up. I've been busy the past few days but have enjoyed the thread. :thumbup1:

Sunday morning's shave:

proxy.php

RE: Van Yulay's Puros La Habana.
Holy guacamole! I ordered some pre-shave oil as i've never used one before, the PLH soap and AS (no menthol) combo, Durham Green combo, and Italian Wind combo. The oil seems to have done the trick for pre-treatment of my gnarly beard. I had a warm shower, massaged a half-a-dime sized amount of oil on afterward, then went to work loading my brush. Worked up a face lather in no time, lots of peaks, very thick and rich, slick, just enough cushion, and the fragrance is intoxicating.
The PLH really does evolve as it dries, the aftershave splash could be good enough as a cologne, but is a really soothing aftershave. My wife says it's still strong after about eight hours. It also pairs very well with Black Cavendish if you're a pipe smoker, and this stuff put us in the mood for a walk through Redoubt Park and a bowl of black cav.
Grading:
Performance - A+ for the overall combination PS/soap/AS.
Fragrance - A+ unbelievable, and really good staying power for the aftershave splash

Razorock Plissoft synthetic
D.R. Harris Windsor shave soap
Senator/ Super Iridium
D.R. Harris Windsor aftershave
Dior Homme

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Jack Black Deep Dive
'34 Aristocrat
Astra SP (new)
Razorock Monster
Viking Citron
Alum
Thayer's alcohol free
PAA's FU Fougere
proxy.php

Sunday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Bath Soap-Scots Pine Sheep
Soap: Cold River Soap Works “Original”-Bergamot & Bay
Razor: Gillette NEW Short Comb
Blade: Personna Med Prep (1)
Brush: oscar11 Boar-26mmx60mm
Aftershave: Pino Silvestre Oud Absolute

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

CRSW Bergamot & Bay today. 20 seconds to load the oscar11 Boar. Easy, thick, slick, lather. I loaded a new Personna Med Prep in the NEW SC. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with Pino Silvestre Oud Absolute aftershave.

Bob

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...C/Shave/SOTD 2016/SOTD 9-4-16_zpsmej3n3ke.jpg

How do you like the NEW SC, Bob? I always look forward to mine coming up in rotation. I'm going to keep an eye out for the Oud Absolute.

Yet another shave with this fabulous Mastro Livi Club Razor 2016 made of CarboInox. Smooth and velvety, this wonder razor gave me a luxurious shave, no irritations with the best comfort. I am very glad I have brought with me this razor for this month's trip, not only for the fact I can enjoy this razor in shave, but also for its beauty and the expression of Mastro Livi's craftsmanship. Floïd the Genuine aftershave always proves to be a magnificent lotion giving a pleasing and refreshing sensation on the skin. It definitely is one of my favorite aftershaves ever.​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Negozio Leggero Lavender and Hazelnut Oil
  • Brush: Omega Bristle #10275
  • Bowl: Chinese Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Travel Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Club Razor 2016 CarboInox, 7/8 Full Hollow, Spanish Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extravirgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: Floïd the Genuine

Very handsome! :thumbup1:

SOTD - Sunday, 4 September, 2016 - LASSC Bespoke #1 day 2

Prep:
hot shower, Lucky Tiger Facial Scrub
Pre-shave: Baume.be Preshave Gel, hot towel
Razor: '53 Gillette Super Speed
Blade: Personna Red (4)
Brush: Simpson Colonel X2L in Best
Soap: Los Angeles Shaving Soap Company Bespoke #1
Bowl: The Shaving Place mountain blue glazed lather bowl
Post-Shave: alum, cold towel, Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel (alcohol free)
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve
Fragrance: 4711 Classic Eau de Cologne
Album of the Day: Manchester Orchestra - Simple Math
Song of the Day: Pensacola
Click here to view quoted image.
It's been a great week everyone! Loving all of your contributions!

How are you finding the Bespoke #1, Josh? It's got a fine looking ingredients list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom