What's new

Songs you thought somebody else sang

I have the album Blah Blah Blah but have no recollection whatsoever of that song... anyways produced by Bowie so big influence there. Wasn't Ian Hunter (Mott) also recently mentioned as being mistaken for Bowie on All the Young Dudes another Bowie produced (& written) song. Bowie makes his mark although i don't think anything on Transformer was ever mistaken for Bowie. Any other artists he worked with in the role of producer?

dave
Always thought Satellite of Love sounded very bowieesque (would there be a double e in that?).

Always thought Satellite of Love sounded very bowieesque (would there be a double e in that?).

Very much so in the arrangement but for me Lou is Lou in voice and delivery, no one sounds like him and i can't imagine him doing anyone else. Great album that one and it's twin Hunky Dory by the other guy.

dave

A high riffage diet comes highly recommended. Hadn't heard of Airborne before, Lemmy's a nice touch.

Thanks for link!
dave

I went too long without realizing that Roy Harper sang on "Have a Cigar." I thought that Roger Waters just did a lot of takes and that they used a lot of studio trickery to get his voice to sound a bit better. Now when I listen to it, I'm not sure how I ever thought it was him. I just couldn't imagine the band using a guest vocalist for a song like this when they had somebody like Gilmour who could sing well.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I went too long without realizing that Roy Harper sang on "Have a Cigar." I thought that Roger Waters just did a lot of takes and that they used a lot of studio trickery to get his voice to sound a bit better. Now when I listen to it, I'm not sure how I ever thought it was him. I just couldn't imagine the band using a guest vocalist for a song like this when they had somebody like Gilmour who could sing well.
You just blew my mind. I thought it was David Gilmore.

I never understood the rationale behind that either. I had read that they were thinking of adding Harper to the band at one point. Gilmore has one of the sweetest voices in rocknroll and Waters the most sarcastic. Almost as perfect a blend as Townshend and Daltrey in The Who.

Top Bottom