What's new

solingen sword and crown 4627 straight razor ERN

I picked this up at a flea market today along with a 1969 black gillette super speed and leather box for an older Gillette for 25 bucks. Could not go wrong for that. I am not into straight razors that much but this one was in such good condition. The gold is 99 percent still present and the darn thing is as sharp as a new safety razor blade out of the box. Got it to my car and tested it on my arm and the hair fell off.

Attachments

• gillette 1969 black ss -1-.JPG
    gillette 1969 black ss -1-.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
  • gillette 1969 black ss -2-.JPG
    gillette 1969 black ss -2-.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 28
  • gillette leather box -1-.JPG
    gillette leather box -1-.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 32
  • solingen ern german straight razor  -2-.JPG
    solingen ern german straight razor -2-.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
  • solingen ern german straight razor  -4-.JPG
    solingen ern german straight razor -4-.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 36
  • solingen ern german straight razor  -6-.JPG
    solingen ern german straight razor -6-.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 29
Congrats on finding a great straight razor. Put your "find" in the "straight razor acquisition thread". Show it off. Someone might even offer to hone it for you.

If you decide to join this side of the shaving street... Watch some videos and watch them again. Take it slow and easy. Start by shaving your cheeks with the grain. When those motions feel "safe" and comfortable add a with the grain neck pass. Take it slow. Don't hurry. Have fun and welcome to this growing club.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Yes, you did very well. Ern is an excellent razor. Have Alfredo give it some TLC and a great edge and give it a whirl. If you don't like it, send it to me for proper disposal...

Cheers, Steve

Top Bottom