What's new

Sobriety is bliss!!

I am an attorney specializing in alcohol related driving offenses. Needless to say I see many a addicted client. Most have self esteem problems as they fall down the long road to the bottom. Having found this site tells me that you have the desire to alter your appearance and feel better about yourself. I am sure that the great majority of the members here will attest that even when your day seems to be as bad as it can be, that a great shave makes the day more bearable. When you start the day with a great shave you feel better about yourself. You are a great person and will only get better with sobriety. Pampering yourself with a great shave and going out in the world with a new sense of confidence is one of the things this shaving "addiction" is all about. This addiction is healty and look at all the great people you are blogging with. One day at a time!!

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step". Or, perhaps, twelve!

Keep going -- you know it makes sense!

David

Good morning fellas! You are a good bunch a guys and I appreciate the words of support. I will tell you fellas what really worked for me, I found something that meant more to me than the chemicals. My wife. She is a firm believer that people can change if they want it bad enough, and that everyone deserves a second chance.

Just remember this, one of the greatest things about life is that we can always change its course. Nobody has to stay fixed in a situation or lifestyle that they no longer desire to be in. Drop those chains and free yourself from whatever it is that is keeping you from achieving your dreams. I did, and so can you. Keep on keeping on and give your thanks to the one who made all this possible, Jesus Christ.

be careful not to trade one addiction for another....
Good advice Ray.

I quit drinking about 35 years ago, perhaps thats way I acquired RAD in such a big way! This addiction is fun and the only harm is to my pocketbook.

Around 40 razors and NOT counting!

Having been awarded "The Absolut Vodka Lifetime Achievement Award" about 15 years ago, I retired from drinking. I had previously won 3 Golds in the International Combat Drinking Championships.

Good luck. The key, "I'm not going to have a drink today". That is a concept that your mind can grasp and a very achievable goal. To say "I am never going to drink ever again" is pretty mind and goal boggling.

Congratulations!!!!

You are da MAN!

I know it isn't easy. I have some friends who are in the program. They introduced me to the serenity prayer. I need to say it more often these days.

thank you so much for sharing that with us. You are truly a man of courage and the prayers of all of us go with you.

Top Bottom