What's new

So here I Am!

Okay. I've waited 24 whole hours and it's time to shave! Yes!!

The best part about this shaving thing is that the hair keeps coming back so I have to do it again!

Bathroom, here I come!

So I'm just a month or so into this new lifestyle and here are some of the things I've learned...

1) My desire to stop paying $2-$3 per blade has resulted in me dropping about $600 bucks on 10 new razors in various states - from the masterpieces coming from Texbilly and the NOS Merkur from Chessman down to a bunch of items that my dear wife picked up for me in some antique shops. In terms of blades that I could have bought with the 600 dollars, I'm somewhere into 2015 or so, but who cares? I'm finally enjoying shaving for the first time in my life.

2) Like many of you I scour Ebay for cool things. It's sort of become an addition. I am sick! (It's fun)

3) I've become a wet shaving advocate. I think my staff at work is a) getting tired of hearing me and b) starting to wonder why THEY keep buying disposable razors at $2-$3 a pop only to have them clog up. If you folks don't tell them about the addiction that wet shaving causes (see point #1, Re: $600) I won't either

Anyway, it's been loads of fun and with a nice crisp bit of cool autumn air hitting my face in New Jersey tonight, all I could think about it using my newly delivered Georgetown Scuttle tomorrow morning. First time. It came today.

Thanks to all of you for your support.

Regards,

Danny

Welcome from another New Jerseyian who returned from the cartridge wasteland after 35 years. Mornings with a wetshave and a hot mug of strong coffee.... It doesn't get better then this

Danny, B&B and you were made for each other. :smile: Looking forward to seeing your posts in the years to come.

Top Bottom