What's new

Smokin' in your vehicle

I only have an old Camaro. 350 with Rochester 800 4 barrel, Edelbrock Performer manifold, Crane cam, Vortec heads, Hedman headers...tranny has 2400 stall converter, wide bands, heavy duty clutches, shift kit, and a Corvette servo. Stock rear end. It also has an ashtray...and a functioning cigarette lighter.

Just my grocery getter.

I did get a new Chevy Siverado last year though...my main ride.

Not helping Mike, not helpin'

:001_cool:

I only have an old Camaro. 350 with Rochester 800 4 barrel, Edelbrock Performer manifold, Crane cam, Vortec heads, Hedman headers...tranny has 2400 stall converter, wide bands, heavy duty clutches, shift kit, and a Corvette servo. Stock rear end. It also has an ashtray...and a functioning cigarette lighter.

Just my grocery getter.

I did get a new Chevy Siverado last year though...my main ride.

Any pics of the camaro? I love hotrods and muscle cars. I have a 73 dodge beater truck, 79 Pontiac trans am (longgg term project), dad has a 80 camaro (used to be mine), and a 72 chevy truck (used to be mine too).

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Not helping Mike, not helpin'

:001_cool:

Sorry, just thought I'd share...about the ashtray and working cigarette lighter. :biggrin1:

Any pics of the camaro? I love hotrods and muscle cars. I have a 73 dodge beater truck, 79 Pontiac trans am (longgg term project), dad has a 80 camaro (used to be mine), and a 72 chevy truck (used to be mine too).

I have some of the car and motor, I think they are on my external hard drive...have to dig them up. It's kinda dirty right now...been sitting under the carport waiting on a new power steering unit...but I haven't gotten a round tuit. I also need to get a starter for Dad's old F-150. Most of the time it starts fine but sometimes it barely tries to turn over, even with a new battery and solenoid. I like the ride of the long bed F-150 better than the regular bed of the new Silverado. That shorter wheelbase makes for a rough ride over the bumps in the road.

Cool. I brought home a junkyard engine for my truck today. The fun is getting started haha. Putting a 5.9 magnum from a 96 dodge into my old 73 truck haha.

All I keep thinking of as I follow this post is Ozzy's "Crazy Train"...specifically "going off the rails of a crazy train" lyric...from smoking in the vehicle to motorcycles to muscle cars...what's next? Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
All I keep thinking of as I follow this post is Ozzy's "Crazy Train"...specifically "going off the rails of a crazy train" lyric...from smoking in the vehicle to motorcycles to muscle cars...what's next? Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Latinas.

Wait, what?

050515-jennifer-lopez-met-gala-dress-lead.jpg

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
That does have a BL tie in. I have sworn that, once I get the money, I am going to have a pipe made that is shaped like her backside.
I'd imagine it's gonna smoke a little hot.

I smoke in my truck all the time, unless somebody's riding with me. In Michigan it's illegal to smoke with kids in the vehicle, so I can't smoke when my nephew's riding with me, and my girlfriend doesn't smoke, so I don't make her.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I'd imagine it's gonna smoke a little hot.

I smoke in my truck all the time, unless somebody's riding with me. In Michigan it's illegal to smoke with kids in the vehicle, so I can't smoke when my nephew's riding with me, and my girlfriend doesn't smoke, so I don't make her.
Did that happen when they banned it in bars 6 or 7 years back?

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
No, they passed it just a year or two ago. I'm not even sure on all the details, other than "don't smoke with kids in the car."

Thanks. I quit smoking cigarettes 11 years ago and only started with a pipe 11 months ago, so I really haven't paid much attention to the smoking laws. I wouldn't smoke with kids in the car (or a house) anyway, but it's good to know these laws though.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Here's a pic. of my old, neglected 1972 Yamaha 250 DS7 that needs some carb. work...among a few other things.

IMG_0002.JPG

Glad I found a few places that carry OEM parts.

1972 Yamaha DS7 OEM Parts, Babbitts Yamaha Partshouse

Dirt Riders unite!

My first bike when I was a young lad was a Hodaka Combat Wombat 125.

I saw that thread in the Great Outdoors...too bad it didn't get much traction. Maybe a motorscooter section would do good...maybe.

I was at the local Suzuki shop today to raid some of the little screw "inserts" that go into the battery terminals for the motorcycles/lawnmower batteries that fall out and get lost real easy when you take the battery out. They said they are going to order some 2017 models in a bit. I'm really interested in the DR-Z400S.

Oh...and you're not a REAL motorcycle rider until you've earned one of these. Member of...

proxy.php

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Nice Yamerhammer there, Mike. What year was that one made?

Looks like a motor scooter section is getting some "traction." And in the Brown Leaf? Who woulda thunk it.

Here's a pic. (not mine) of my very first scooter when I was still in diapers. Then I graduated to the 250, then to the Kawasaki Mach III, then the Kawasaki KZ1000, then to....

We'd better get a scooter forum going before we get in trouble for derailing threads.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom