What's new

Slant Razor -Right hand or Left?

Right Hand or Left for your slant?

• right handed slant shaver

• left handed slant shaver

• either

• other, please explain

Results are only viewable after voting.
So are you right handed primarily or left handed or both . I use the right mostly but someone posted that being left handed , they felt a slant wouldn't work for them. I say balderdash(such a neat word) and you?

Thank you all. As the results pour in , it reaffirms my thought (it doesn't matter). Enjoy your slants and have a great weekend!

Mike H

Instagram Famous
I can use either, but typically use my dominate hand (left). The angle is the same, regardless of which hand is holding the razor, I don't see how it would make any difference.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
I have seen left handed nibs, left handed scissors, even left handed kamisori, but that left handed slant is a first :lol:

i see your question as: do i think a slant razor will cut well regardless of which way it is angled
i voted either because i think it will work regardless of hand used but i am a right handed only shaver

i see your question as: do i think a slant razor will cut well regardless of which way it is angled
i voted either because i think it will work regardless of hand used but i am a right handed only shaver
Actually what prompted me was the thought that "lefties" might avoid what could be seen as a right handed tool not knowing that it would work anyway. So thus the poll. Perhaps that will let more lefties know that they can use a slant . I'm a righty mostly but I use both. Enjoy your shaves!

Hi,

I am ambidexterous, so shave switching hands as I go. I have a Solingen slant razor with the dual aggressiveness style head. The razor does not shave any differently left or right.

Stan

Thanks to the originator of this thread! I am considering getting a Merkur 37c slant but read a post somewhere saying they (slants) would not work for a " leftie". Now I know this to be false.

They are ambidextrous. However, do you draw the razor perpendicular to the cap or perpendicular to the bar? I thought I would set my datum on the bar this morning, try that for 2 days and then set it to the cap for 2 days. I am probably over thinking this one but I thought I would put it out there.:001_unsur

Thanks to the originator of this thread! I am considering getting a Merkur 37c slant but read a post somewhere saying they (slants) would not work for a " leftie". Now I know this to be false.
And you're very welcome. That was my hope , to let "lefties" know that there wasn't a "right handed bias" with a slant. I welcome you to the wonderful world of slant shaving. Enjoy it and thanks for adding a bright spot to my day! Enjoy your 37c!

Top Bottom