Slant Alignment

Discussion in 'Double Edged Razors' started by ada8356, Oct 22, 2006.

1. I just loaded my Slant with a Derby and noticed that there is a 2 on the top piece and a three on the bottom.

Do these numbers go on opposite sides? Or does it matter?

I put them on opposite sides, and one side of the blade looked to be significantly more exposed that the other.

Thanks

2. Does not matter Aaron. The Slant is going to make the blade look that way regardless of what blade you put in. Enjoy the shave.

Rafael

3. Hmmm. I never really paid much attention to the numbers. Just loaded an Israeli blade using opposite ends, and then rotated the top so the numbers align, but I didn't notice any difference in blade exposure.

4. rschul2

rschul2 Moderator Emeritus

Aaron,
    I'm not quite so sure which numbers you are referring to. Are these numbers on the razor or the blade (sorry I don't have my razor in front of me right now.)? Either way, Rafael is right, it shouldn't make a difference. The blade will look lopsided but will work like a dream. Enjoy.

5. Yeah, I'm talking about numbers on the actual razor... not blade.

With it's shape, I couldn't tell if it was symetric... but with the numbers aligned on different sides it shaved great so no worries.

6. rschul2

rschul2 Moderator Emeritus

Glad to hear that!

7. Rog

Rog

Hey, mine has a 1 and a 4. Interesting.....

8. Those may be cavity numbers indicating which cavity of a multi-cavity mold that they came out of.

Rick

9. rtaylor61

rtaylor61 Moderator Emeritus

My gold slant has a 2 and 3. The chrome slant is a 1 and 4.

Randy

10. TimmyBoston

TimmyBoston Moderator Emeritus

So there is no significance to those numbers?

11. Probably for manufacturing purposes.
    My chrome slant has 2 on the cap and 3 on the guard.
    My chrome HD has no number on the cap and a 6 or 9, depending on which way you look at it, on the guard.
    My LH has no number on the cap and a 5 on the guard.

12. 4 8 15 16 23 42 :eek: :eek: :eek: :biggrin:

13. WTT cap with #3 for a cap with #2 :biggrin:

14. Don't forget to press Execute!

15. yeah i've never noticed that till now, it seems to bite down on the head tightly either way.

16. Looks like that joke was lost on some people. :biggrin:

17. Pics?

18. jamesspo

jamesspo Contributor

William, this is a really old thread, so the OP's probably moved on to other things.

19. Ah!
    My mistake. All apologies. I forgot I was doing a search for blade alignments in slants, (Specifically the iKon), and was not paying attention to the dates. :blush: