What's new

Simpsons Luxury Shaving Cream

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
A few months ago my friend Mark Watterson, Managing Director of the Vulfix/Simpson factory, anticipated me his project for introducing on the market a high performing shaving cream, in the British style. It is the Simpsons Luxury Shaving Cream and it is now here in my hands. I received it last week as a sample to test and, after three shaves with it, I must say I’m totally impressed. This stuff is truly excellent. Now it is my pleasure and honour to present this gem to the B&B community. The Simpsons cream comes housed in a nice looking grey metal pot with screw cap and the traditional “Simpsons” logo written in red in the center of the lid. The pot contains 125 ml of semi-soft product, which is not as soft as most UK creams (Taylors, T&H or Trumpers) and not as dense as Castle Forbes – actually something “in between” these two categories. The cream looks shiny, full-bodied and has no scent. I personally would have preferred a classic Rose or Lavender shaving cream, but this one is completely unscented. The lather that I get from the Simpsons is very dense, thick and creamy. I find this lather to be similar to the lather of my favourite shaving soaps and, for that reason, I would define the Simpsons cream a shaving cream for soap lovers. Slickness and moisturizing properties are top notch and the post-shave feel is exceptional, too. In terms of performance I find this novelty to be comparable to the T&H Ultimate Comfort, the best unscented cream I’ve used until now. In conclusion I have to say that I’m very happy with this product. The Simpsons Luxury Shaving Cream for me is simply a fantastic cream and unquestionably a great addition to my den.

P.S. Mark when will a scented version arrive?

Attachments

• $Simpsons 1.jpg
    $Simpsons 1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,243
  • $Simpsons 2.jpg
    $Simpsons 2.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 1,271
  • $Simpsons 3.jpg
    $Simpsons 3.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 1,249
I thought I was through with creams expect for keeping one soft Rose (TOBS or Salter) on hand, but I've been looking forward to trying Simpsons since it was announced last October. I wish it was a softer cream (and scented), but I'll be trying it anyway when it hits a US vendor.

I posted this on another forum but thought I would go ahead and add it to Marco's review.

Simpsons Luxury Shave Cream Review

Here's a fantastic British produced shaving cream that will be a delight for any British cream lover. I'm a big fan of some British soaps, but I LOVE this cream!

Ease of lathering: 10/10 - Wow, an explosion of rich lather so fast!

Longevity of lather: 10/10 - Perfect stability for multi-passes.

General skincare: 8/10 - Quite protective and comfortable.

Scent: 10/10 - Brilliant - a non-scent that I LOVE!

Price: £12.95 – That’s about $20.02 USD.

Would I buy again: 10/10 - You bet!

This cream has such an "old-school" feel, which the British soaps were famous for many years ago. When I was lathering up with this stuff this morning, I thought of my Dad. He used British soaps after WWII when I was a kid.

$cream.jpg

$Photo2445.jpg

$Photo2447.jpg

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Thank you for your addition, Johnny! As I said in my review, the new Simpsons shaving cream is a cream that "behaves" like a classic shaving soap. And, for that reason, many UK soap fans will probably love it!

How does it compare to Vulfix cream?

I personally could not tell you as I have not tried the Vulfix creams. Mark assured me it was not the same product. I normally do not like British creams but the Simpsons seems to be a very good product that agrees with my skin.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Out of curiosity, I can't tell from the pictures but is it still categorized as a "cream" or is it closer to Cella?

David, the new Simpsons definitely is a shaving cream. Soft soaps are much harder than this one.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Oh interesting, do you think it's yet another Creighton-made cream like the 3 T's then? If it's not it would be much cooler :)

Mark did not disclose who is the actual manufacturer. What I know for sure is that it took several months and attempts before getting the formula "right".

Marco, a question since it wasn't clear to me in your initial post. Did you pay for the sample or receive it for free?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I got it to test, hence for free. But I was expecting to receive only a small sample, not a full bowl!

For disclosure purposes, I paid full price for mine, including shipping. And I ordered it on June 1 and received it on June 9.

Top Bottom