What's new

Simpson versus Simpsons Persian Jar 2?

Hello:

Quick question for the more knowledgeable here. I ordered a Simpson Persian Jar 2 in Super from a reputable vendor. What I received was a brush that was labeled "Simpsons" (with an S) instead of just Simpson (without an S). Also, the Simpsons name was written in blue/black script rather than having the name on a gold shield type of logo sticker that my Chubby 1 has. See attached file for picture of the brush in question.

Is this the same company / brush? Perhaps an older one? Not sure if what I received is legit or not.

Regards,

Len Vanerstrom

Attachments

• 20170209_125018.jpg
    20170209_125018.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 123
No, there is no sticker or even a Made in England stamp anywhere on it. However, I was concerned enough about a possible counterfeit brush that I contacted the Simpson company directly. They confirmed that the brush is authentic, though they did not provide (and I did not ask for) further detail as to why the labeling is so different than what is commonplace. I was just relieved to find out it is a genuine Persian Jar 2.

That's unusual!

It looks like the stamping that they use on limited edition brushes made from exotic handle materials like horn or wood.

No, there is no sticker or even a Made in England stamp anywhere on it. However, I was concerned enough about a possible counterfeit brush that I contacted the Simpson company directly. They confirmed that the brush is authentic, though they did not provide (and I did not ask for) further detail as to why the labeling is so different than what is commonplace. I was just relieved to find out it is a genuine Persian Jar 2.

Could you post the reply from Simpson's?

It's the logo they're using on Twitter on their banner too.

I wonder if they were testing the stamp and didn't mean to ship it or if perhaps it's intended as a display model.

Where did you buy it?

There are a couple of M7 Limited Edition brushes on Simpson's website that have "Simpson" printed directly on the brush and appear to have no sticker. Maybe it's a new thing with them.

upload_2017-2-9_18-58-10.png
upload_2017-2-9_18-57-38.png

Could you post the reply from Simpson's?

Sent: Thursday, February 9, 2017 2:11 PM
Subject: Re: Is this a Counterfeit Brush?

It is genuine, do not worry.

Assuring you of my best attention at all times,
Kind regards,
Mark
Mark Watterson
Managing Director
Progress Shaving Brush (Vulfix) Limited
The Brushworks
Ballafletcher Farm Road
Cronkbourne
Isle of Man

It's the logo they're using on Twitter on their banner too.

I wonder if they were testing the stamp and didn't mean to ship it or if perhaps it's intended as a display model.

Where did you buy it?

I bought it from West Coast Shaving, here is their reply to me as well:

Thank you for the pictures you have provided us. We completely understand the issue and are more than happy to help. We recently contacted Simpson in regards to the issue and Simpson did change it to a printed label because it is a better process than the sticker. The stickers were falling because of the shape that the handle present. This was causing an issue with them and also Persian Jar users. Now as for "Simpson" and "Simpsons" it is actually Simpson Shaving Brushes Company, "Simpsons" is more of the plural name which they are known for. We do apologize for the confusion, but can greatly guarantee that the brush you received is from one of the best brush manufacturers. If you do have any further questions or concerns feel free to contact us. We are more than happy to help!

Good info. I will say I agree with their reasoning. The sticker in my pj3 does show this issue. Also, my m7 has the printed name. Either way I always enjoy the brushes when they turn up on rotation.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom