What's new

Simplifying cocktails

I've gotten good with the 3-2-1 margarita, so I'm curious why not adapt that to similar cocktails like a daiquiri or a gimlet?

The daiquiri recipe I found was 2.5oz rum .5oz lime .5oz simple syrup. 3-2-1's not that much different than this

You can. Here's a couple.

Negroni 1:1:1 Equal parts Gin, Campari, and Sweet Vermouth. Stir with ice in mixing glass, strain and serve up garnished with orange zest after expressing oils over drink.

Boulevardier Exactly the same except substitute Bourbon or Rye for the Gin.

Negroni 1:1:1 Equal parts Gin, Campari, and Sweet Vermouth. Stir with ice in mixing glass, strain and serve up garnished with orange zest after expressing oils over drink.

At this moment I am enjoying a Boulevardier:
1 part Campari
1 part Cinzano
1.5 parts Woodford bourbon
Twist of orange peel

Hard to beat these if you ask me, 2 of my favorites that are simple to make and keep on hand, but still provide for a lot of variation within the different ingredients. I've found that using a nice vermouth really takes the negroni to the next level.

Hard to beat these if you ask me, 2 of my favorites that are simple to make and keep on hand, but still provide for a lot of variation within the different ingredients. I've found that using a nice vermouth really takes the negroni to the next level.

Yep. The best one that I have used is the Carpano Antica followed by Cocchi.

Top Bottom