What's new

Show Us Your BICYCLE(S)!!!!

View attachment 602893
Here is my single speed, built by me (I bought the frame and components and assembled it myself.) It was quite an undertaking. The seat is quite uncomfortable, I'll be replacing it soon with a Brooks. The St. Croix rod by the front tire is also mine, it's an absolute dream of a fishing pole!

Wow! Great work!! I'm not sure I could be happy with a single speed, but that looks beautiful!!

Wow! Great work!! I'm not sure I could be happy with a single speed, but that looks beautiful!!

It all depends on the terrain you are riding. In Chicago, I really enjoy riding a single speed. I would be pretty unhappy in someplace hilly like Seattle though.

Nice weather outside today, so decided to give the bike a wash and service.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Will post pics in next few days

For road I have colnago c60 with full Italian electronic gear on it

For off-road I have a Specialized epic marathon with full carbon back end etc

$IMG_1475.jpg
Wow, you guys give me serious bike envy. As a casual weekend trail rider, though, investing in a high end bike just doesn't make sense for me. Here is my favorite, a 2009 Electra Amsterdam 3-speed. Very smooth ride, and fits me perfectly. Rode the GAP trail with it from Maryland to Pittsburgh. Someday I may upgrade to an 8 speed internal derailleur. I also have a 2003 7 speed Trek cruiser, which I promised my wife I'd unload when I bought this (the garage was getting crowded). Instead, my sons & I put in another shed.

Giant Defy Advanced Pro 0
This is what it looked like new. I have replaced the seat with a Selle Italia Turbo.
I have removed all the logo vinyl and changed the tape to dark blue.
$image.jpg

Giant Defy Advanced Pro 0
This is what it looked like new. I have replaced the seat with a Selle Italia Turbo.
I have removed all the logo vinyl and changed the tape to dark blue.
View attachment 665565

Very nice ride. :thumbup1: Like you, I just can't leave a bike stock. I'm always doing something to leave my mark on it, even if it's just changing the seat. One of these days, I may even order my name from Velo Ink!

Very nice ride. :thumbup1: Like you, I just can't leave a bike stock. I'm always doing something to leave my mark on it, even if it's just changing the seat. One of these days, I may even order my name from Velo Ink!
There is a guy with my last name that hand makes bicycles to your measurements and part specs.
That's my "one of these days" orders.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
My Trek 8700 with commuter tires. I may be changing handlebars soon for a more upright position due to chronic problems with my neck, but otherwise satisfied with the bike.

Attachments

• $mtn bike.jpg
    $mtn bike.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 41
Walking any big city it is cool to see the different bikes chained up. Enjoying checking out the rides in Toronto this weekend. Many vintage steel frames converted to fixies. Lots of original rides!

I thought for sure I posted in this thread before..... I guess not. I'm getting pretty antsy to ride my bike this year. I didn't do it much last year, but plan to do as much commuting to work on my bike as I can this year. Pics to come!

Ok this probably isn't the right place to post this but you guys seems to know your bikes so here it goes

Found a Cannondale Gimini for sale in my area, He didn't write much of a description but it is a large frame and he's asking $350 OBO

I'm 6'1" weigh about 240 and would be using this as kinda a "do everything" bike

Attachments

• IMG_2429.PNG
    IMG_2429.PNG
    675.6 KB · Views: 12
Top Bottom