What's new

Show Us Your BICYCLE(S)!!!!

It hasn't seen many miles for its age, but I hope that changes. Already adjusted the drops to a more upright position for riding on the hoods.

A little MTB riding today, decided to get a couple of geocaches and tackle a few trails.

$IMG_0330.JPG

Nice and flat out on the water, pity I didn't put the fishing rod on the back.

$IMG_0324.JPG

My little geocaching buddy, visits all the geocaches with me.

$IMG_0329.JPG

Well gents it was time to get back in the saddle again. Been a LONG time. So as an early Father's day gift my loving wife went shopping with me and got me a GT Transeo 4.0 an entry level bike.
Let me tell you about this entry level. Yikes! How times have changed!!! I WAS an avid road warrior back in the day.

Fast forward to now. Now, having done a bit of research I'm impressed with how much technology has truly trickled down and has split off. From road bikes, to mountain, hybrid, city and sand dune type.
In looking for a bike I knew a road bike like I had back in the day was not what I wanted. Also living here in the city a mountain bike was not something I wanted as I don't do much or any trail riding. Maybe a lite gravel hiking path type roads. Which lead me to a hybrid.
Performance bikes unbeknownst to me was having their once a year 30% off sale. My wife & I were lucky.
This bike has disc brakes front & back, quick releases on both tires and seat. A nice touch was the shocks which allowed one to "lock" it out. In testing a hybrid with traditional forks such as a Fuji absolute and another with shocks the Diamondback insight without the lock out feature, it took me a few test rides to figure out what what I didn't fully like about the full shock. Seemed harder to pedal uphill with shocks and was a bit too spongy. The no frills bike on the other hand was extreamly responsive and didn't seem to flex going uphill. Turns were spot on like a race car. I relayed this to the sales lady who gave my opinion some thought as she was a cyclist herself. After some back and forth she hit on on a GREAT option. Lock out the forks and you'll have what your looking for. After taking the GT for a test ride while not exactly as sporty as the solid fork super light bike Fuji it was not an oversized suv type ride that I had tried such as the Diamondback.
Smart lady.
Now for light trail riding and around this flat city of mine I'll probably have the shocks on. But give me a mix of hills and hard peddling days I'll lock them out.
I especially like the fingertip gear changing so one doesn't take their hands off the handlebars. Nice. Also routing the cable into the frame is a nice touch.
Again, all this is new to me. I truly feel like a kid on Christmas getting his first bike. New tech, nice options and best of all- a gift.

Attachments

• $IMG_20150613_193838_382.jpg
    $IMG_20150613_193838_382.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 212
  • $IMG_20150613_194205_723-1.jpg
    $IMG_20150613_194205_723-1.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 216
  • $IMG_20150613_194039_653.jpg
    $IMG_20150613_194039_653.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 212
  • $IMG_20150613_194136_891.jpg
    $IMG_20150613_194136_891.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
Enjoy your new ride! I remember that odd feeling when I got my first MTB with front suspension! I wish I had the lockout option on the front fork for the times I'm on relatively flat terrain.

Very nice! :thumbsup:

Enjoy your new ride! I remember that odd feeling when I got my first MTB with front suspension! I wish I had the lockout option on the front fork for the times I'm on relatively flat terrain.

Thanks guys.
Having not been in this arena for so long I feel spoiled getting all these tech goodies. Amazing stuff. Love the ride! Man what a difference between this and a traditional road bike. Liking it a lot. Coin this weekend to get some more goodies. Cleats, a seat rack along with the accompanying duffle and so forth. A good lock too!!
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/346374-Thief!-Stop!?highlight=

In the meantime spent a few minutes putting a bike pullie system together. Didn't find the studs running in the direction I needed so had to drill some (hefty) toggle bolts for dry wall up there. The bike is 30# so hopefully it holds. Fingers crossed.

Went for a bike ride with my daughter this morning for a Fathers day ride.
Hope all of you dads had a good day.

Happy Father's day to all.

Attachments

• $IMG_20150621_215128_324.jpg
    $IMG_20150621_215128_324.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 200

Legion

Staff member
So last night I bought this.

$11800558_10153492963175135_3989501914206804519_n.jpg

Yes, I put on my basket. Everyone laughs at my basket, until they have to wear a backpack cycling in the Australian summer, then it's "hey, can I just put my stuff in the basket for a while?"

Anyway, I found a used Vivente World Randonneur I could afford, close to me for pickup, and in serviceable shape. A top notch touring bike, which is about to become my daily commuter, and maybe tourer if I get the opportunity. All my other bikes are out.

So last night I bought this.

View attachment 592150

Yes, I put on my basket. Everyone laughs at my basket, until they have to wear a backpack cycling in the Australian summer, then it's "hey, can I just put my stuff in the basket for a while?"

Anyway, I found a used Vivente World Randonneur I could afford, close to me for pickup, and in serviceable shape. A top notch touring bike, which is about to become my daily commuter, and maybe tourer if I get the opportunity. All my other bikes are out.

Nice basket, mate!

I've heard putting the weight on your person (backpack) cuts down on actual rolling resistance, so I've always worn a cycling backpack from MEC. It is essential making you a heavier cyclists instead of mailing your bike or more importantly, wheels heavier. This could be rubbish, but who knows.

I do like the look and thought of baskets and paniers though.

Last edited:
I get a lot of chuckles about my basket as well, but you know what, who cares! It brings my groceries home and saves my shoulders as my body doesn't do well with back packs. Besides, in my little village there's tons of bikes with baskets as there's not much point in using a car around here.
:thumbup1:

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441614314.054859.jpg

Here's a studio shot of the bike I had built. When I get back from deployment I'll build her up and post another pic.

$20150317_180308.jpg
Here is my single speed, built by me (I bought the frame and components and assembled it myself.) It was quite an undertaking. The seat is quite uncomfortable, I'll be replacing it soon with a Brooks. The St. Croix rod by the front tire is also mine, it's an absolute dream of a fishing pole!

Last edited:
Top Bottom