What's new

Shoe Shine Tutorials

Man I am not doing myself any favours watching these... I think all the amazing shoes on this site may have indeed finally set there hooks into me.. thanks for the share Mark it would seem some point in the near future I am going to need them

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Mark:
Thanx for the video. It was just like how we used to do to get a 'spit-shine' in the Army and I use the same method on my dress (black and brown), shoes! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
“Shoetini: 4oz GQ fashion, 1oz cool attitude, a splash of indulgence, a twist of temptation; shake over ice, strain into a trendy pair of shoes and garish with lots
of
accessories”. CBJ

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe I just spent six minutes of my life watching a video of other people shining shoes. What happened to me? Now I am going to go shine my shoes.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
I thought there was a sticky, but can not find it now. I've read the directions on the Kiwi can, but I was looking for more.
Any suggestions?

1. Take front edge of shine brush and swirl in the can. 15-20 circles should do.
2. Apply to shoe and let dry. Repeat on the other shoe. Brush lightly but rapidly with real vigor.
3. Fill a bowl with hot tap water, and soak four jumbo cotton balls. Select one and compress length wise to form a circle. Be sure to leave it damp with no excess water. While grasping the very top of the cotton disc, give it about 15 laps in the can.
4. Apply evenly to the shoe. Once the leather is covered, start polishing where you started the application. Work your way back around the shoe. Keep going. As the cotton dries, I breathe on the leather to introduce some moisture. After about 5-10 minutes, you'll see a shine forming. Keep buffing to smooth it out. Repeat on other shoe.
5. The final buff: Take a sopping wet, clean cotton ball to the freshly shined shoe and go back over it. Once finished, I blow the water droplets off the shoe to avoid water spots. Depending on wear, look into some heel and sole dressing.
6. Pass inspection.

I remember having to polish my boots every single night. Kiwi is some ok stuff, but to get a really clean look I use lincoln wax. I do the following on my shoes now:
Use saddle soap (put someon a dry rag and work the rag with two fingers in small circular motions to work the soap in; use a rag to remove) to soften the leather.
Use an application brush and swirl it a few times in the lincoln wax. Don't saturate te brush, just get enough on there.
In small circles, apply the wax to the shoes. DOn't forget about the nooks between the shoe and sole.
Allow the wax to dry
Use a polishing brush to vigorously smoothen the wax on the shoe. It should take about 2-3 minutes per shoe. To get a higher gloss add a small amount of water to the brush and smoothen again.
Use a clean cotton cloth to completely smoothen out the wax on the leather.
Walk around confidently in some highly shined shoes.

1. Put shoes in box
2. Take box to Post Office
3. Mail to JohnnyGold
4. ???
5. Wear freshly shined shoes

You could send them to Mark, but after seeing the fleet of dusty shoes he has.....send them to Bob(JG)!

... and if you REALLY want to get good, enlist in any of the armed forces, with the possible exception of the Air Force! [running for cover]

US Navy always allowed for "blackened". I was en engineer, never spit shined since it would last all of 10 minutes.

Top Bottom