Shaving soap from Nazi Germany?

Discussion in 'Shaving Soaps' started by chrisf8657, May 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Can anyone point me to any products still produced today and purchasable that were used for shaving during the Nazis rule in Germany? (39-45)
    Many thanks!

(P.S. I hate Nazis, if there are any questions...)

2. Hirsute

Hirsute Steward Contributor

Tabac kind of smells like an old dead nazi...

3. Palmolive. (probably a luxury good during the war!)

Edit: a soap that surely was available then (but maybe not in WWII Germany) was De Vergulde Hand.

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  4. Klar Seifen was established in Germany in 1840. That is certainly one possibility. Another might be Haslinger in Austria. Others might include Gold Dachs, but do not know when they were established. Suppose these were available in Germany during that period.

5. +1 LOL, it's definitely an "old man" smell. And Tabac wasn't invented until after the war.

6. Mike H

Mike H Moderator Emeritus

A quick google search of German WWII shave soap turned up the following.

$$(KGrHqJ,!l4FBCq4ftwuBQRzuC05,Q~~60_12.JPG

$GOPI-00183_350.jpg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Thanks for the replies everyone.
    Would Klar Kabinett have been made during the war?

8. Alacrity59

Alacrity59 Moderator Emeritus Contributor

Williams Mug started in 1840 and is still produced today. May I ask why were are talking the Nazi era?

9. If there were, I am sure it smelled like the 3rd Army kicking Nazi butt from the west, and the Red army from the east. Oh, I loathe Nazis, by the way. I had neighbors in Cleveland with tattooed numbers on their forearms, so I may be a bit sensitive.

10. Kentos

Kentos Moderator Emeritus

Anything Nazi-related naturally invokes strong feelings in many of us, while others seem to be indifferent to it.

What is the source of your interest in WWII German soaps if I may ask?

11. i think this topic has run its coarse-----

12. +1

13. I think so, too. A couple years ago we had a similar discussion about fragrances that Hitler or Rommel might have worn. I shut it down about the same way- who the hell cares? They were Nazis.

14. I know that Palmolive was produced in this period. Even Kappus produced a shaving soap there.
    Sometimes you can find an ebay auction where shaving soap from Wehrmacht stock is sold. Klar Kabinett was even produced before WW I.

But during the war the shaving soap formula has changed because of the lack of materials. At the end of the war a shaving soap was made only with 5% soap and 95% other materials. I wouldn´t use WW II shaving soap, if I find some.

15. People who are in re-enactment of classic battles (very popular throughout Europe) do care. Even when they are acting like the bad guys, they want to make sure that they get all the details correct. An out of time watch, glasses, or even scent just isn't right for them.

16. malocchio

malocchio Contributor

He can just re-phrase the question..."what shaving products were used during WW2 in Germany?" I have not seen the above products ,but I have seen small square tins,like the old aspirin or salve tins ,that were issued during WW2 containing brushless (I think) shave cream.

17. luvmysuper

luvmysuper Moderator Emeritus Contributor

Excellent question!

In fact such an excellent question that this thread is closed till the OP answers it by getting back to the two Mods who asked him a question in this thread.

Nothing adverse intended toward anyone, but this is a very sensitive subject, so it's better to err on the side of caution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.