What's new

Shaving Pottery Reference Thread (Scuttles, Bowls & Mugs) ADD YOUR PIC!!!

I agree, I wouldnt use my scuttle on a hot summers day however being from Calgary I get plenty of use out of my moss scuttle.

Tedbytes said:

I have Robert Beckers scuttle #009 in blue and had him make an accompanying caddy like his #005 to my design. It has 9 holes, with one to hold his brush holder, and two holes 7/8 diameter for my large handled Merkur bulbous barber pole razors.He will gladly accommodate your wishes, and at $16 is a great bargain. Ted

SWMBO ordered the same scuttle for me for my birthday. She also wants to order the mathcing caddie so I can display my razors.

Time and again she reminds me why I married her. :001_tt1:

My new rosewood bowl...

proxy.php

That wooden bowl was a beautiful addition to this thread about pottery!
:001_tt2:

a new DB is on the site....Travel Scuttle. looks like it would make a nice "travel scuttle" as well as stay at home 1 pce brush scuttle. :drool:

I MUST HAVE ONE :scared:

$600_Travel_Scuttle_in_hand.jpg
Bowl 3" opening, 1.5" deep
Total diameter about 4"

Same great scuttle, only smaller
One piece construction
Spiral ridge in bowl
No handle for easy packing

I might have one of the first prototypes of the travel scuttle on it's way to my house.

Julie Moore and I spoke and exchanged some emails before the new year, but this is what I would have bought.
Mine is slightly different & has a compact handle.

If my order was any inspiration to the great "Scuttle Queen," I'm going to feel like a real big shot.

Local pick up for my soaps.

LOVE it. i was just looking at it and my 6y old boy was behind me and laughing, i shut down the screen and asked him what he was laughing it, his response "that bowl with the nose".

awesome and very unique.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
a new DB is on the site....Travel Scuttle. looks like it would make a nice "travel scuttle" as well as stay at home 1 pce brush scuttle. :drool:

I MUST HAVE ONE :scared:

View attachment 214569
Bowl 3" opening, 1.5" deep
Total diameter about 4"

Same great scuttle, only smaller
One piece construction
Spiral ridge in bowl
No handle for easy packing
Bruce:
That's a nice good looking travel scuttle...I may have to get one!!!
proxy.php
"Your life is [like] a piece of clay,don't let anyone else mold it for you". Author Unknown

My Robert Becker Scuttle Model #005 in cactus sand. Pictures are bad quality because theyre from my cell phone.

$111224_007.jpg$111224_005.jpg$111224_004.jpg

The past couple of weeks I have been using a commercial stainless steel gravy server I found in the cupboard while looking for "alternatives"

I am digging this thing. It seems to be the perfect size and shape for making mountains of lather and the base is easy to hang on to with wet hands.

proxy.php

proxy.php

My mugs seem so plain compared to the awesome examples shown here. But now I have something else to add to my Christmas and birthday wish list!

The past couple of weeks I have been using a commercial stainless steel gravy server I found in the cupboard while looking for "alternatives"

I am digging this thing. It seems to be the perfect size and shape for making mountains of lather and the base is easy to hang on to with wet hands.

proxy.php

proxy.php
My wife is going to hate you ! Now you got me going threw the china cabinet. Thats a good idea.............JR

Eyes, I think that's just about the most beautiful brush handle I've ever seen.

Didn't we see you restore that brush on the brush thread? And I love that brush scuttle. There is a potter here that I have been talking with, think I will show her your's as an example.

Top Bottom