What's new

Shaving in a hurry?

I try to schedule my shaves so that I'm always shaving in the evening before bed, though. Remember also that people can't see that micro-stubble for the most part. You can feel it, which is enough to drive you crazy, but most people can't see it.

I shave in the evening as well. This way I can hit snooze a few more times in the morning. That being said, I've read about people using shave sticks when in a hurry.

This morning I was running late and didn't have time for my newly adopted wet shaving routine.

What do you guys do when you are short on time but long on whiskers? After the amazingly close shaves I've been getting recently I feel like a hobo today.....

I definitely alter my routine when I'm in a hurry (like this morning) with a less aggressive razor.

Because I am new to wet shaving and using a DE I still only have the Parker 22R, however I somehow picked up 6 or 7 off of BST over the last couple of weeks..... How did that happen? Anyways, I can't change to a different razor yet, but will try that out when my goodies arrive.

I definitely alter my routine when I'm in a hurry (like this morning) with a less aggressive razor.

I was in a rush this morning, again, (worked late then back to the office early this morning), so I tried out some of the suggestions. I face lathered with Proraso cream, one WTG and one ATG pass, alum block then some Musgo aftershave and out the door. It sill took me about 10 minutes but I think I did a pretty good job. Not as smooth as I like, but not hacked up either. I think I will pick up some oil, what do you guys suggest for that?

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Short on time? L type Schick injector with 2 minute face lather and balm + AS. Pretty foolproof and close enough shave.

No time? Grundig electric that is kept specifically for that purpose. It's actually not so bad for an electric. Maybe it's because it plugs in and has power. Sadly, it's no longer made.

I was in a hurry myself this morning and learned what NOT to do. to much water for my vulfix cream results in too thin a lather. shoulda started over, but no! I was in a hurry! DE razor "chattered" across the face, but I persevered (what do I mean by "chattered"? ever hand plane end grain on a piece of wood with too much blade exposed?). result: alternating stripes of stubble and burn/nicks. worst shave of my career (& @ 50 yoa, I've shaved a couple of times before).:angry:
never will I give up the badger and de blade, though:thumbup:

I've been wondering this myself.

I usually shave every few days (my job doesn't require me to be clean shaven) so I only shave when I have the time.

If I'm in a hurry, and absolutely need to shave, I make 2 WTG passes and settle fo a decent, instead of BBS shave that day.

Last edited:
I've been preparing for Military Basic Training... No time for a 25 minute shave :thumbdown so I've been working on my quick shave as I may only get 3 minutes.. So I bought a Bic Sensitive and a can a barbasol. It seems to work well, and is fairly enjoyable.

Got a Superglide in the mail... Worst quick shave ever :thumbdown

Top Bottom