Shark SC

Discussion in 'Safety Razor Blades' started by COHunter, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Found the Shark Super Chrome to fit nicely both with sharpness and comfort. Using them on the second go-round in the sampler and they perform wonderfully and they come in at a nice value. I definitely think a larger order is in the stars for these!

2. The Shark Super Chrome is one of my go to blades as they provide for me a smooth and close shave. You might also want to try the Lord Super Chrome and Lord Platinum blades as Lord is the manufacturer for all Shark blades. Another blade that I really like is the Voskhod Teflon coated blades that are Russian made. I find they provide a similar shaving experience for me as I get with the SC and Lord Platinums.

3. I am currently woking through a box of 100 of these. I am about 3/4 of the way through .. Love these blades !!

4. I just tried the Shark SC's tonight, coming from the SS's for the past three shaves. I like the SC's much better, they both seem to be pretty smooth blades on my skin, but the SC's are sharper, with a lot less tugging. I'm going to have to give them a couple more shaves, but I think these may become one of my favorites. I hated Lord Platinums, but I tried those a month ago, and may find them more agreable now, as my technique has improved drastically.

5. Funny just saw this post and just tried the sharks. I really didn't like them, they felt dull to me. They felt alright at first but required way too much clean up and caused a little irritation. I prefer Astra sp and gillette 7 o'clock blue; they're much smoother.

6. Blades are the poster children for YMMV.

That said, I really like both varieties of Sharks.

7. Although I've have used many, many blades (to include the Shark SS), over many, many years and the I found the Shark Super Chrome's are perfect for me (my one & only 'go-to holy grail' blade). [​IMG]

There's no pulling or tugging, are moderately sharp, very, very smooth, (albeit a 'weeper' now & then..but zero 'nicks'), very little to no irratation and no touch of razor burn that %99.9 of the time results in CCS's in 2 passes (WTG & ATG), with 2 great shaves per blade and are very compatible with both of my Merkur 23C & 38C razors. :thumbsup:

[​IMG]"Merkur; Solingen quality, Time-tested Tradition with Modern Design".

[​IMG]"A razor [blade] can't be sharpened on a piece of velvet." Author Unknown

8. I've only tried the Shark SS - found it a bit rough and not sharp enough for me in the Futur.

I'm finding I prefer platinum blades for my beard and skin type, so no big surprise there. I'll get around to trying the Shark SC soon and I think they may be more to my liking.