What's new

Shark DE Blades

I'm glad they work for most. For me the Shark SC I tried gave me one good shave and it was done. Maybe I just tried a bad blade. I got 5 more to play with in the future.

Shark? Bloody good show! Er, I mean ... :blushing:

The best bang-for-the-buck wet shave item of any kind I have yet bought. I had 100 SC blades, then found 300 SS for US $0.07 apiece, delivered from Turkey. Enough to last me. 'Cause I have hundreds of others on hand as well. :cheerful:

Shark SS are my go to blade as well. I tried the Astra SP and it wasn't as forgiving for me. The Sharks are just smooth and don't bite too bad when I stray from my technique. They don't last too long, but I don't have a problem with that at this price point.

It's been a few years since I posted on this thread, but I'm still a Shark shaver.

My last few hundred packs have been Super Stainless. I've also started changing them after 4-5 shaves, although honestly I don't count... I'll just put a new one in when I swap razors, and I do that about every four to five shaves or so just for the variety involved.

Shark SS have been the only constant for the last five years for me. My skin seems to have changed over the last years to the extent that I can't use any 7 O'clocks except the indian ones. The Feather has never been an option for me. I am in the process of finding new blades (at least two) to use with the Sharks. I'm contemplating and testing mainly Indian Black 7 O'clocks and Treet Durasharps now. The jury is still out...

Been working my way through my first blade sampler, and so far I like the Shark SS the best, and will probably order 50 or 100 of them. Oddly enough, I don't like the Chromes. Seems like I shave with them and my face itches afterwards. Switch to another blade and I'm fine. Back to the chrome and it itches again. Something about the Chromes just doesn't like me or my technique I guess. But the stainless ones are GREAT!

I tried the Shark Super Chrome a few times earlier this week, and so far I find that I prefer the Super Stainless. The SS were much smoother.

Haven't used either but want to try them, especially since I'm still testing the 3 Lord varieties. What I can say is that the 3 models all perform differently, especially in different razors. I've read that Lord only makes 3 blade types and sells them under different labels - the Lords, Sharks, Rainbow, etc. I've tried the Rainbows and had the same variation in performance depending on razor model, with fine smooth shaves among them as with the Lords.

I have tried the Shark SS blade out of a sampler pack a while back.
they did not cut too well. I still have the pack of SC ones unopened.
I am going to try them out real soon and see if they work for me....
perhaps in my adjustable set up on high....
John H.

Used a Shark SS today for a fourth shave...I have no complaint...a good solid blade for a low price...I get better results from this blade than the vaunted Astra SP.

Used a Shark SS today for a fourth shave...I have no complaint...a good solid blade for a low price...I get better results from this blade than the vaunted Astra SP.

+1 I like Astra and Shark (either flavor) but my bias is toward Shark. I've bought 100 AsSPlats but 300 Shark SS and 100 Shark SC.

For all the hate that Shark blades get, I actually like the Super Stainless. They are smooth and forgiving, and give me a great shave. The only thing keeping them from being the perfect blade is that they perform slightly worse on my head. And for some reason, in the beginning they seem to pull a bit. Still, I've had a few great shaves with Shark.

Top Bottom