What's new

SEptember is here! Single Edge Shaving

I hope to get two more shaves with the Damaskeene, then move to an Injector.

Today's shave was just as good as yesterday's. Clean, close, comfortable, smooth.

I used Razo-Rock Boston Tea Party soap, the Rudy Vey B&B Butterscotch Brush, and (sorry, BrianW) I rocked the Veg using it as an After Shave and Body Splash.

I varied the start of the shave some, today. After washing up with Zest bar soap, and rinsing off, I used Neutrogena's Face Scrub, rubbed it in, scrubbed around with a very thin, old washcloth (to not need lots of water and potentially dilute the Scrub), rinsed, rubbed my Palmolive shave stick all over, and stirred up a nice lather with my Tweezerman.

The particular Chick in my I2 now has 15 shaves on it, and I have another DFS from one pass plus some minor clean-up.

Damn! But! It's great!

I used the Damaskeene for the last time in SEptember. I got another great shave. Still smooth after all this time.

I'll be using a Schick tomorrow and then for Schicktober...

Used a 1912 Damaskeene with GEM PTFE SS (4), Mystic Waters Bay Rum, SOC boar.

Fine shave after a spot of lather problem to begin. Tried bowl lathering for first time in ages and sucked at it..

This week the ER Shovel-Head/ Gem SS provided four comfortable two-pass shaves, I've been breaking-in two Semogue Boars and got some nice lathers, plenty of slickness during the shave that left my face feeling moisturized and refreshed. I've discovered extra corking of the SS blades eliminated the roughness and slight irritation I encountered during my first couple of shaves.

It's been a fun month and I'm glad I revisited my Gem & ER Razors, I'm looking Forward to Tabactober and Injector shaves during Schickuary 2012.

Ever Ready 1912
GEM SS blade
Copper Hat, Cedar and Sage soap
Omega brush
Witch hazel
Captains Choice Bay Rum

proxy.php

I used a Single Edge Schick this morning. It provided a close shave, but it was not particularly comfortable. I think the blade is at fault here, since it gave me more than a few bites.

Still, an extremely close, BBS shave.

Closing out the month with my Clog Pruf. Will probably keep rolling with it through at least another month, if not the rest of the year.

Last shave of SEptember was accomplished with a Star lather catcher and a fresh gem PTFE blade.
4 pass SAS. Not the closest shave in the world.....I need practice with this old yin.

SEptember was a fun eye-opening experience. Last shave yesterday was an Ever Ready shovel head short handle (thanks to syngent) with a GEM PTFE SS blade with about 4 or 5 shaves on it. It was pretty smooth and I got a CCS~DFS. My only complaint is that it's hard to judge where the edge of the blade is when I trim around my beard.

Today I shaved with my Old type and a 7:00 yellow and found that I had forgotten just how much more tugging there is with the DEs for me. Maybe I'm just a little rusty after a month with the SEs. We'll see.

Top Bottom