What's new

SEptember is here! Single Edge Shaving

Gentlemen,

I finished a week of shaving with the gold tone OCMM and what a week it was. Friday, I had a great shave. Completely BBS. The Saturday afternoon I shaved before Mass. I was clean shaven, and smooth for over 24 hours. To say it was a great shave would be an understatement, and that was the first shave with chrome OCMM. This morning, with over a day and a half growth, that razor sliced through stubble like a hot knife through butter. Even now, more than 12 hours later, I am still smooth and clean shaven.

If you ever even thought about using an SE, think no more. Just. Do. It.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Tried the Pushbutton .. meh, blew. Might be why the GEM faded away, might be I wasn't tuned into the razor, but it really blew. Nice heft to the razor, blade only a couple days old, but blew on blew

G bar, GEM PTFE SS (2), KMF Cool Mint, SOC Boar

Astounding. Quick, efficient, smooth as silk. Best shave of SEptember so far.
By far the best razor ATG for me (at this particular moment in time).

I skipped the G-Bar/Gem SS Sunday Shave, back to work Tuesday morning so it was time for a 72 hour growth to face the Gem SS in my G-Bar. I face lathered my Palmolive using an inexpensive ($7.12 shipped) Lijun Blond Boar I'm breaking in, as you might know I usually get irritation/roughness with the Gem SS on shave #1 & 2.

I corked the blade, normally I would do 4 swipes total; two from middle to edge, change the end I'm holding, and do two more, today was 4 swipes for each side. I completed my normal two-pass shave, it was much smoother without irritation or roughness in the usual areas under my neck. Further testing with this blade/razor combo the rest of the week, I guess my next test will be with another Gem SS using the same corking procedure, in my Flying-Wing next week.

Forgive me SEptember for I have SinnEd.
If it pleaSE the court, I was ruShEd today having SlEpt a ShadE too long. I got oldESt child off to school but got caught up in work EmailS.
While SpouSE readied the youngESt child, I ShowEred quickly. I SpiEd my Schick injEctor and graSpEd it. With only shampoo I went over my face like a deranged uSEr of carts. I came out clean and even SAS but I feel SoilEd SomEhow.
I promiSE to utiliSE my time better and will SEriously have a long asSEd ShavE with a 1924 tonight.

Yours in SEmi-contrition
haggisSEs

Using an Injector trumps the lather/lubrication used as part of the shave since the Schick Injector was the Star of the shave and used as intended... to remove whiskers without CARTS.

Atoned.
1924 Ever Ready, GEM PTFE SS (1), with Razorock, ER C40 restore.
Great shave until I decided to go hell bent for BBS. Shaving gods got me back for yesterday.

The chrome OCMM delivered. This shave was BBS, in fact, even now I am still smooth and clean shaven.

I'm still doing that *ahem* you know where I'm amazed at the smoothness of the shave. I haven't decided on a razor for next week yet, but it might be the Flying Wing. I love the shave those MicroMatics produce.

Great shave today :thumbup:

proxy.php

Yesterday:
GEM MMOC, SS (12), Tabac, Clubman. Thought about changing blade.

Today:
GEM MMOC, SS (13), Vintage Williams, Clubman Musk. Blade is definitely done. Maybe more Injector fun tomorrow.

Top Bottom