What's new

September 2016 Scores

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had some good luck this month.

This came today. Just polished it up and it cost as much as a favorite six pack and included shipping.
C4 Red Tip
proxy.php

proxy.php

The new love in my morning. So sweet.
I think it's a 1950 but I'm not quite sure.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Happy fall gentlemen.

Karl

Really nice!

Had this arrive today, my much coveted ( by me ) 1959 E4 Fatboy
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Now I have it I want to maintain it, I know about keeping it clean but how do I "service" it. To ensure the TTO remains smooth, the adjuster works ok and that it is all straight etc?

I picked these up at my local Barber Shop. I'm a head shaver and do my own beard trims, but he actually has a nice little selection of wet shaving supplies. So I like to stop in and help support him from time to time.

I got 4 ounces of Cinder and 2 ounces of Smolder.

Attachments

• $DSCF9268.jpg
    $DSCF9268.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 96
I picked these up at my local Barber Shop. I'm a head shaver and do my own beard trims, but he actually has a nice little selection of wet shaving supplies. So I like to stop in and help support him from time to time.

I got 4 ounces of Cinder and 2 ounces of Smolder.

Quite nice, especially in picking them up locally. I have both but have only used the Smolder. The Smolder is a pretty good performer. I wish its fragrance was a little more prominent.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Wow, you guys have found some REALLY nice stuff. I'm lucky if I can find a banana without spots. :lol:

Quite nice, especially in picking them up locally. I have both but have only used the Smolder. The Smolder is a pretty good performer. I wish its fragrance was a little more prominent.
Thanks. Yea it's pretty nice to have a place locally. He uses the same stuff for his straight razor shaves so he has open examples of almost every soap, beard oil, and aftershave he has (mostly WSP)and will let you take a whiff before purchasing. He also has some brushes, new DE and straight razor, and a few vintage razors, mugs, and brushes.

I've tried each one once, they both performed great. I think I liked the cinder a little more.

Visited a couple antique shops while at my father in laws place this past weekend. Got it all for 30 total. If anybody knows anything about the shave kit I would love to know more about it, got them to throw the old rubberset in so I might use it to "repair" the wooden handle.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Just got this in today. vintage Japanese Shavettes all needing rehab but most looks salvageable. Got them soaking in Dawn right now.

$DSC01175.jpg

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I agree, Ron! [MENTION=86824]gvw755[/MENTION] , what does the other side of the kamisori look like?

I agree, Ron! @gvw755 , what does the other side of the kamisori look like?
Kind of like the one below it with the brown handle. It has a face that can be removed for cleaning, however unlike the modern Feather AC razors where you just press and push forward, the top pinch, this Feathers had this convoluted system where you needed a Jeweler's screwdriver to insert in the hole in the front of the razor and unscrew this tiny screw which released the top slide lock and the side face. I then found out quite by accident (and it was good that I was scrubbing it in the container of Dawn liquid instead of over the sink) that there was two separate pieces - a spring and lock bar that was not attached to anything and just left sitting in a slot. Got everything taken apart, cleaned, and put back together okay. This weekend I will take apart the handle that seem to be McGyvered in place and see if maybe I can put new scales on it. The one with the brown handle holds a Schick injector blade. You need to loosen the two small screws on the top part of the blade and then insert or take out the injector blade. If you remove the blade plate completely, you run the risk of losing this thin clear piece of plastic which is the only thing that prevents the blade from getting seated too high up the blade. This was definitely a learning experience, but I got three working shavette, one needing a new scale, and two that can be used for parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom