What's new

Schick Krona: The most underrated great shaver.

This thread made me decide to use my Krona after a long hiatus. I have used it two times by now and both times I got great shaves very easily. This great razor will be used more frequently bye me from now on.:thumbup:

First shave with my Krona yesterday with a Polsilver. It was an OK shave compared to my Merkur 1904 OC. I'm gonna use it the rest of the week and vary up the blades to see what works best.

Krona doors transplanted on a Gillette TTO is amazing.

Low profile stealth ninja shave.

I really like the grey Eversharp model. I have a few gold colored Kronas too.

I will always keep a Krona here. They are very nice shaving razors. Mild, efficient, smooth. All anyone could ask from a razor

proxy.php
Notice how your Model is Different from The Ops Model ? Yours has a Chrome Band above The TTO and Between the Handle of Krona, Did you notice that ?

Ok, so I just got the early Schick DE, before it was a Krona. SUPER EXCELLENT SHAVE..

This one has no writing except for "Schick" inside a triangle on the bottom of the chrome plated TTO knob. It does have the numbers that I don't know how to decipher. From upper left to bottom right.. 1, 2, 6, M.

I used a 7oclock Yellow and that is definitely a nice combo. One of the best, easiest shaves I've ever had and this razor is obviously over looked because of the copious Gillettes. I have all Gillette razors, except for a Progress and this Krona. Man, this inexpensive razor is putting the others to shame and making it look easy.

I found one early on, and it became my go to razor before I ventured into the stainless world. I still use mine quite a bit. I actually used mine to find my blade of choice. It was my control group to test blades and other products. If I want a nice date night shave, I can load one with a Feather and get super smooth without fear of bloodshed. In fact, I think I started one of these threads last year.

My Krona just got delivered two days ago and I want to try it after reading this thread, but I'm still developing technique with my fat tech. That transplant fat boy is pretty awesome I want to figure out how to do that! I'll report back, man it's great to see so many people in this community!

+1 for starting with a Krona. That was my first as well and it sold me on my move away from cartridges. I used it for ~3 months then tried others. In & out of Speeds & Adjustables before settling on a '38-'41 Tech. Then onto a a couple iterations of OC's which is where I am at now. I should dust off the Krona and try it again as my technique has certainly changed from way back when.

Top Bottom