Schick Krona anyone?

Discussion in 'Double Edged Razors' started by kosby, May 4, 2012.

1. I just had one of the gentlest shaves that I can remember and it came from one of my old Schick Kronas. I had tried it last year with some sorry blades (house brand) that I had bought at Walgreens for a whopping $8/10 and it, or perhaps I should lay the blame where it belongs on the blade, nearly butchered my face and that's the only time I can remember that ever happening. At any rate, I put a Feather in the Krona this evening not expecting too much out of it and it just seemed to sing. A very smooth and close respectable shave indeed.

2. I have one that a friend gave to me. Very smooth shaver..

3. alex2363

alex2363 Contributor

I have 1 I love mine too

4. nemo

nemo Moderator Emeritus

My first DE, bought it at a Rexall Drug store in 1969.

I still have one and it shaves a lot like a Super Speed for me.

[​IMG]

5. Very nice DE for sure! I like mine and probably need to use it more.

6. Schick Krona, the usung hero. I've said it before I'll say it again, if Kronas had a metal handle they'd be as popular or more than a Super Speed.
    Very smooth and effective. I love the low profile of the head and it works well with most blades.

7. It is my go to razor, the one I try new blades in, the one I use on date night, especially with a Feather.

8. Every collector/DE user should have 1. I have the Eversharp Eagle version. Sweet, unsung razor!

9. Schick Krona is one fine mild razor. It's one that everybody should try.

[​IMG]

10. I have my grandfather's pre-Krona. A DFS every time. I like that razor so much that I bought another on the 'Bay to give to my son as his first DE.

11. I have the one with metalknob. At this moment a co-worker use my razor. A mild "superspeedish" razor.

12. It was my first razor back in the 1970'ies, and is in my regular rotation. A very nice and, unfortunately, overlooked razor.

13. The one I'm using has a metal knob as well but I know I have several of these with the black knob around here somewhere. I'll see if I can't dig them up.

14. A good shaver!

15. Thanks Fellows...
    I have a Krona that I hav not tried yet...maybe two months now...
    We will take care of that this week ...I see it garners strong support

16. Very under rated razor. Has a nice long handle compared to most gillettes.

17. Love my kronas

18. Without a doubt, it's one of the easiest razors for learners, and possibly the most effective mild shaver in my collection. I haven't reached for it in quite some time now, but this thread will prompt me to dust it off for another round.

[​IMG]

19. Found a gold one in a pile my dad gave me the other day. Metal knob, looks sweet.