What's new

Scents you love or hate!

My list of lovers is long and varies with the season! I like anything barbershop, florals and fresh in spring and summer, spice and woodys scents in fall and winter. I am a Tabacoholic!. I like some complex scents like Stirling Ozark Mountain and Saponoficio Varasino Manna di Silicia.

I do not like any shaving soaps to smell like anything I eat... root beer, coffee, vanilla, fruit, etc.

I love pretty much all citrus scents and most floral scents, and scents that combine the two. Big fan of Dr. Jon's Hydra and also his Savannah Sunrise.

Can't stand any scent that remotely smells like smoke from a fire. Worst scent in shaving for me is Cyril Salter's French Vetiver. Yuck! How anybody could want to put that on their face is a mystery to me.

Summer Storm was rather like standing halfway between the fragrance and luggage departments in a 70s-era JCPenney--an overwhelming melange of disparate perfumes with an undertone of leather.
Mmmm... that actually sounds lovely to me but I'm an '80s/'90s kid.

Summer Storm was rather like standing halfway between the fragrance and luggage departments in a 70s-era JCPenney--an overwhelming melange of disparate perfumes with an undertone of leather.

Funny! Summer Storm was the first scent to make me think there were things other than conventional scents (lavender, citrus, etc.) that could excite me. I love it.

Funny! Summer Storm was the first scent to make me think there were things other than conventional scents (lavender, citrus, etc.) that could excite me. I love it.

So far, I love all the Chiseled Face scents that I've tried. Ghost Town Barber, Midnight Stag, Sherlock, Summer Storm, and Orange Creamsicle. I ordered the complete soap samples package several months ago, and am working my way through them. The next ones I'll try will be Tradewinds and Santa Paula.

So far, I love all the Chiseled Face scents that I've tried. Ghost Town Barber, Midnight Stag, Sherlock, Summer Storm, and Orange Creamsicle. I ordered the complete soap samples package several months ago, and am working my way through them. The next ones I'll try will be Tradewinds and Santa Paula.
I've tried all of the CF scents in AS, but have only tried Summer Storm and Cedar and Spice soaps. The CF soap is great, but I'm about 50/50 on scents. My overall favorite, Easy Street, is now discontinued. I also like Tradewinds. Cedar and Spice and Santa Paula scents are too strong as AS, but I like the Cedar and Spice soap, so I assume I'd like Santa Paula as well. I can take or leave Ghost Town Barber and Orange Creamsicle, but do not like Midnight Stag or Ghost Town Barber.

Funny how everyone's nose is different. I am not a big fan of mint especially if it is by itself.

What is about B&M Roam? I have been thinking about looking into that soap.

You totally reminded me of Chiseled Face Summer Storm! Hated that scent! It left the den as quickly as it entered!
It's been awhile, just remember a horribly synthetic smoke and leather scent, horribly done. Smelled like an electrical fire. Put the lid back on and put it up for sale immediately. lol

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I like most anything woodsy and citrusy. Not all but some floral soaps like rose. I can use it, but I wouldn't reach for it a lot. I like clean smelling soaps like T&H 1805 and B&M Oceana. I really like Tabac and a lot of Mama Bears soaps. Some of the ones that smell like food or drinks. I also like soaps and creams with menthol and I tend to use a toner with menthol in it. Love the chill year round.

Not a fan of florals, vetiver, and "nautical" after shaves. Fan of barbershop scents - Fine American, Stirling, etc.

I did not like Chiseled Face Sherlock one bit. I freaking love Stirling's Barbershop and PAA's Clubguy. On the darker side, I love B&M's Baudelaire.

I got a sample of Sherlock and never even lathered it. Smelled like a pile of wet grass after 2 days in the sun.

Love: Fine L'Orange Noir, my absolute favorite scent. Citrus scents, but many irritate my skin. I also love Chiseled Face Summer Storm and it performs great.
Hate: Cella. I can't stand the sweet almondy marzipan scent, and never got it to work as good as my other soaps.

Love: Almond/marzipan, citrus, green scents...

Dislike: Powdery scents....and rose....Dont mind the flower but dont like shaving with the scent

I love B&M Seville, Stirling Barbershop and their Bay Rum. I almost love B&M Bay Rum. I also love Caties Bubbles La Terre Verte and Dr Jon's Hydra. I almost love Dr Jon's Savanah Sunrise. It is growing on me.

I used to love other Stirling soaps but not like I used to. I tossed three the other day and have two more on the cutting floor now. I have creams that have taken their place.

I'm game for pretty much anything, but I don't like overly sweet/synthetic smells. Things that I originally hated like B&M Lavanille, have become favorites. Chiseled Face Sherlock, got it for Christmas and while it's not something I thought I would ever like I've come to love it. Things I hate...the only thing I can think of I hate is anything to do with Vetiver. What the hell is that?

Last edited:

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Never met a scent I didn't like. Except for cat pee. I'm sure everyone knows which cat I am talking about?

Sherlock & Summer Storm are two of my favs. Stirling Apple Cider & Mickey Lee smell delicious.

Menthol has no place in my soaps, nor do florals. Tabac was my first soap &, although I couldn't fault its performance, I coudn't stand the smell.

Top Bottom