What's new

Savon le Père Lucien (Le Père Lucien Soap)

I love LpL. It's in my rotation of top shelf soaps. I love the look and feel of the container (very industrial looking - and solid). The lid just gets stuck on every once in a while, which is virtually impossible to open with slippery hands. My ONLY gripe though.

I had my last 5 shaves with the Le Pere Lucien and had great results. I initially heard that this is better post shave and although I have 2 jars of MdC, I have yet to actually shave with either of them. I plan as of now to keep the LPL in stock and ready to go for the time being! Glad to hear you guys are enjoying it as well.

Cheers!

I've been using it in my rotation for a few months and still love the stuff. Its so much like MdC that its a toss up between the two when the rotation comes around. Would love to see it in different scents, but I still have so much left that I have some time before I need to order more. Like Woodekb, I've had the lid get stuck and been frustrated trying to get to have a great shave. But I really like the look and feel of the steel container generally. No worries about breakage. Im thinking I could easily survive on a rotation of only MdC, this, and MWF.

Cyril charged me to make a proposal to us member from B&B but i have to speak with the moderator team in order to see if i'm allowed to make that offer for him.

Thanks to your great review - Cyril has yet another customer. Eagerly waiting to receive my soap.

Did your 'proposal' to B&B moderator team ever go anywhere?

I just received my two tins I have yet to try it as I have some B&M Roam I am 3017ing. But really soon looks very promising!

This artisan soap is my favorite, I use an unscented version (available on request) though, without essential or fragrance oils. Despite the fact that it needs a lot of water, it provides one of the most moisturizing lather I've ever built. Most of the time I don't even need to apply an aftershave balm or lotion, so the skin is still soft and hydrated hours after shaving.

Last edited:
Received my soap in the mail ~10 days after ordering from Cyril direct. Did a trial shave which was great - I can see why this soap gets great reviews. But I will reserve forming a judgement until I've had at least 7-10 shaves with this soap.

Quick note on scent. I requested the 'Naturel' or light scent version. Very pleasant and fresh scent - but very light - so for anyone with sensitive skin/allergies - this is the way to go.

Received my soap in the mail ~10 days after ordering from Cyril direct. Did a trial shave which was great - I can see why this soap gets great reviews. But I will reserve forming a judgement until I've had at least 7-10 shaves with this soap.

Quick note on scent. I requested the 'Naturel' or light scent version. Very pleasant and fresh scent - but very light - so for anyone with sensitive skin/allergies - this is the way to go.

I am extremely sensitive to essential oils and have tried the natural version which is lightly perfumed, it gave me some irritations. That's why I asked the artisan a scentless version.:001_smile

I am usine to version of this soap, the strong scent and a scentless one also (special edition for a french forum, He made also a mango/lime scent for this version)

love the lather and the feeling is great

Hmmm.....mango/lime. I hope he doesn't create too many scents or I'll have to find a better way to stack them in my bathroom. :drool:

The mango/lime scent is a limited edition made only for a French forum, 3 quarters of the batch have been probably sold at the moment.

I got a chunk from razorblades and more this week. Grated it into a container and shaved with it yesterday. It performs very very well, but I do not care for the scent at all.

Top Bottom