What's new

Savon le Père Lucien (Le Père Lucien Soap)

Gents ... this soap (more like croap) is truly outstanding. Rich, slick lather, very cushioned and the ingredients list is pretty nice to boot. The scent is has a predominantly french lavender fragrance on top with a bit of citrus and earthiness when you have several moments to take it in.

Well worth the $44 and truly a top shelf offering.

$20130926_095539.jpg

$20130926_095549.jpg

Attachments

• $20130926_095539.jpg
    $20130926_095539.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 751
  • $20130926_095549.jpg
    $20130926_095549.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 751
Last edited:
Glad to hear. I like the presentation and it's good to know that the lather and scent are nice as well. It'd be nice to see this become more widely available.

Ben

The ingredients are very similar to MdC too, but with LA shaving offering their own also similar version I think I'll order from LA Shaving Soap at half the price first.

I don't normally do this..... but I am going to take a chance on this soap as well. $45 is a lot to drop on one tub of soap, but I applaud member Jaboone78 for being the guinea pig and since his review is positive, I have ordered a 200 gram box of the strongly scented version. Cyril, the seller, said that he offers the soap in a lightly scented version and a strongly scented version. I really like the description of the scent that Jaboone78 has described, so I'm guessing I will prefer the stronger scent. I also like the presentation of the soap in the stainless steel box with the currency like label featuring the dapper gent on the side.

So, I placed my order this morning and will wait patiently for the soap to arrive with the next 10-14 days.

Ben

I received an email from the seller early this morning stating that my box of soap was shipped yesterday afternoon. Looking forward to trying it and I'll keep you guys updated. Since Jaboone78 had a positive experience with this seller and his soap, I'm hopeful that I will experience the same. So far the seller has been very responsive and communicated very well (especially considering he is from France). He's kept me updated on the status of my order and been very friendly.

Ben

What french people have to understand about that????:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Happy that you are not disapointed by the soap. And the second one is almost developed with a stronger fragrance.

Ha ha ha :wink2:. Sorry, not that French people have a hard time communicating..... it's just the language barrier part of it. :lol: I actually have not received the soap yet, but expect it very soon..... any day actually. I requested the stronger scented version specifically..... if it's going to smell good, it might as well smell REALLY good I say.

I noticed that Barbiere Di Figaro is now offering this soap for sale on their website. Very nice. Glad to see the soap maker has found a venue for his product. I hope everyone does well with the venture..... I'm sure if the soap is as good as the early reviews it should go over quite nicely.

Ben

Ha ha ha :wink2:. Sorry, not that French people have a hard time communicating..... it's just the language barrier part of it. :lol: I actually have not received the soap yet, but expect it very soon..... any day actually. I requested the stronger scented version specifically..... if it's going to smell good, it might as well smell REALLY good I say.

I noticed that Barbiere Di Figaro is now offering this soap for sale on their website. Very nice. Glad to see the soap maker has found a venue for his product. I hope everyone does well with the venture..... I'm sure if the soap is as good as the early reviews it should go over quite nicely.

Ben

:) Yes Barbiere DI Figaro has just begin to offer the soap for sale :D.

Cyril charged me to make a proposal to us member from B&B but i have to speak with the moderator team in order to see if i'm allowed to make that offer for him.

Received my pot of the Le Pere Lucien soap today. One week..... not bad at all. The soap has an interesting scent and from what I understand, I have the "strongly scented" version. I would describe it as a minty herbal scent. Almost sweet and buttery. That may sound odd, but that's what I get from it. I've never smelled anything quite like it, and it smells very nice out of the jar. I need to finish a stick of Valobra before I actually shave with this soap..... which will be a few days from now. I may whip up a test lather before I actually shave with it though.

I like the packaging a lot. It's a stainless steel pot with a slip on lid (not screw top). It's heavy duty and the label is very cool looking. There is a raised knob in the middle of the lid..... the lid is not entirely flat, so the label has to span over the low area of the lid. The label is fairly thick and almost appears to be entirely flat, but there's just a little evidence of a "bump" under the label. An entirely flat top lid would be a slight improvement. Very elegent and professional looking packaging overall however.

Ben

Last edited:
I did a quick test lather of the Le Pere Lucien soap this evening after my regular shave with Valobra soap stick. I used my Rooney Heritage Stubby 2 Two Band Super Badger brush, same brush as I used for my regular shave, and did a palm lather with this soap. With the brush wet, but mostly shaken of water, I loaded directly in the pot on the dry soap for about 20 seconds. It is a soft soft, softer than MdC by just a little I would say. I did a palm lather and got a very nice, creamy lather in seconds with very little effort. The scent was very nice, especially once lathered. The scent reminds me of a more refined version of Proraso Blue. It's similar, but not exactly the same. The test lather seemed very stable and cushiony. I played around with it for about 5 minutes and it never broke down into a bubbly foam.

Preliminary tests are very good on this soap. The true test will be the actual shave in a few days..... but the soap shows much promise.

Ben

Glad I have mine on order based on these reviews. Probably not the strong scent....we'll see. thanks for the reviews!

It is a very good soap that I just received myself...wonderful shaves are ahead of anyone who purchases....I agree on the scent being close to Proraso Blue but more refined.

Top Bottom