What's new

Safety Razor Shaving on the Cheap

Everybody else have already given the advice you need, so there's just one thing for me to say:

Welcome to B&B!

When I was shopping online I noticed that brand new Lord safety razors were very affordable on eBay. Definitely cheaper than Merkur by a lot.

When I was shopping online I noticed that brand new Lord safety razors were very affordable on eBay. Definitely cheaper than Merkur by a lot.

While the Lord razors are cheaper, I would not recommend them since they lack "heft" which is what is preferred to get a decent shave (may be good for a traveling razor though). They get decent reviews but I would go with a heavier razor. Your face will thank you in the long run.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I've used a variety of DE's and one of the first I bought turned out to be my favorite, a short comb Gillette "New". I think it was ten bucks off e-bay - they are still easy to find. I don't know if anyone mentioned soap but you can get Arko shave sticks off Amazon for about twenty bucks per dozen (probably two years worth). Arko is a no frills shaving soap but it is excellent. Here is the link http://www.amazon.com/Arko-Shaving-Stick-White-Count/dp/B000VAWZ2U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1290542758&sr=1-2

Top Bottom