What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

My daughter and son in law dropped this off today. It was his grandfathers. Gold color and pretty nice. Might have to use it...Bob

Attachments

• $razor 025.jpg
    $razor 025.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 514
Whoops. Just had one of those drive-by ebay bids and I won the auction. Looks like I'll be the proud owner of this well-worn Gillette New, long-comb model. I have no idea if 21.50 is a good price, but there were 9 bids and I don't have my whole life to track these things down. We'll see -- I don't care much about looks and wear as I intend to shave with it. I wanted to try open comb.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300983906091

I know that I've posted a lot here recently, as RAD has come upon me with vengeance, ever since I thought to myself, "You know, I'd love to have a Gillette Fatboy to try out. A razor like my dad's (the black handled Super Speed) and an adjustable will give me practically every razor out there!"

Wow. Was I fooling myself with that load of crap. :wink2:

My signature has all of the razors that I now own, and I just added to it a razor that I'll be receiving when my girlfriend gets home. A 1985 Gillette Super Adjustable that is affectionately known by many simply as 'Black Beauty'. A razor I love the look of, as it is in my favorite color combination of black and silver. It belonged to the father of one of her coworkers that passed away this past summer, and he wanted to pass it along to me when he found out that I collect razors now. Wanted nothing for it, simply said to tell me, "Merry Christmas." I've got to find him something in return, as honor demands it of me, and I simply put just want to. Wanted to add the newest razor here that I've acquired, and say thank you to her coworker. I doubt he comes here, but wanted to nevertheless. Thank you, Ford. I'll keep it safe for you.

I have had more RAD purchases the last 45 days than I have in the last 2 years. Recently I have purchased:

Old Type Replated Nickel
NEW LC Replated Nickel
NEW SC Original Finish
NEW LC Made in England Replated Nickel (en route)
NEW Standard Tuckaway Replated Nickel
Goodwill (en route)
Cadet OC
Weber Classic Handle

It seems Krona Kruiser is getting a fair amount of my razor budget lately. I might have to ask him for some frequent purchaser miles.

First post!

I started wet shaving about a month ago,and my brother in law just brought me a couple razors. Check them out!

$photo 1.jpg
$photo 2.jpg
F-3 Code on the Black Beauty
J-3 Code on the other.

What years were they? What are the official names of these?

Thanks.

-Jonathan

Thanks guys, The Red Tip is in mint condition I would say. No paint missing on the tip and the blade pack is still in the celophane with instuctions. The clear cover on the case does have a few cloudy marks on it thuogh. The Fat Boy is in realy nice shape also. Looks like it was used only a few times.

I have been looking for a thin handle Tech for a bit now, and kept missing out on some better condition examples.
So greet a recent acquisition: 1951 Gillette Tech razor, re-done in rhodium by Dave / ocrazorman.
Please excuse photog - this one is brilliant in hand. Will be a daily user for me.
The re-plate is just stunning - he does really really nice work.
$100_3435.jpg

Last edited:
the first picture is from saturdays haul 10-19 not too bad at 50 bucks. slim and the apollo were 5 bucks each so that puts the brushes at about 13.50 a piece. aluminim rubberset, green bakelite ever ready and gold bakelite kent its stamped KS2 not sure what it means but i have a kent :tongue_sm

Attachments

• $20131019_143748.jpg
    $20131019_143748.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 455
this is my haul from 10-20. fatboy and 2 brushes aos with stand and awesome bakelite handled brush, : $30, red tip and tin blade pack: $15, military issue valet, long comb new, and a WB 4/8 straight i forgot to add to the picture: $40 oh and the old faucet for 5 bucks. it was 5 bucks... why not

monday 10-21 these came in the mail which im pretty excited about.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-1939-Disn...Dtq4SLl32TmONdtq0iYjs%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TWO-VERY-NI...Dtq4SLl32TmONdtq0iYjs%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GILLETTE-OR...Dtq4SLl32TmONdtq0iYjs%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Attachments

• $IMG_7039.jpg
    $IMG_7039.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 461
  • $IMG_7040.jpg
    $IMG_7040.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 454
  • $IMG_7041.jpg
    $IMG_7041.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 460
  • $IMG_7042.jpg
    $IMG_7042.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 456
Made in England Ever Ready in case (picture) in excellent condition and a brand new Gillette Rubie (shaves excellent with Personna Lab).

$$(KGrHqZ,!qwFJTCHCwwrBSVpZzjKEg~~60_12.JPG

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Think I found me one of them elusive tan tip critters.

Pretty rough aluminum handled W3 superspeed, it needed some straightening of the head but functions fine now.

Last edited by a moderator:
First post!

I started wet shaving about a month ago,and my brother in law just brought me a couple razors. Check them out!

View attachment 378301
View attachment 378302
F-3 Code on the Black Beauty
J-3 Code on the other.

What years were they? What are the official names of these?

Thanks.

-Jonathan
Welcome to B&B.

F-3 is the fall of 1985 for the Super Adjustable. IIRC the packaging had a number in large bold type that reflected the handle length in mm.

J-3 is the fall of 1964 for the Slim Adjustable. Both are well liked around here.

Here's my collection thus far that I've spoken about, but until now had now pictures...

Attachments

• $CAM00341.jpg
    $CAM00341.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 420
  • $CAM00342.jpg
    $CAM00342.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 419
Top Bottom