What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

It says "Excellent never used before" which I highly doubt...it absolutely looks used on the pictures but in good condition.
Yeah, some of his descriptions were mutually exclusive. I think the "Excellent never used" part was not what he intended to communicate. Having said that, my experience with such places as eBay is I find things to look better in person than they did in their pictures.

RAD was strong with me this month... all in one picture:

Gillette Tech with Aluminum Handle (from England)

Gillette Slim Adjustable J1

Gillette Slim Aristocrat L3

ATT Atlas R2 (2015) - bought here on B&B

Mühle R106 (R89 head)

proxy.php

proxy.php

I really like the ATT Atlas you got there. How does it shave? Aggressive or mild? Or somewhere in between?

I really like the ATT Atlas you got there. How does it shave? Aggressive or mild? Or somewhere in between?

I did a little trimming with it on my neck.. I felt loads of blade (aggressive) and it was far more audible than my other razors - similar to Mühle R41. Angle was easy to find and I had no weepers whatsoever. Will take it into rotation after I'm through with my Gillette Slim Aristocrat/Adjustable (they immediately became my top razors after only one shave)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you sir! I think it might be a 1950s model since it does have notches. What do you think?
Well, Cody, looks like my reply where I referenced the Aristocrat history page on the Razor Archive site got deleted because of "no links to duplicate content", whatever that means. Just for posterity's sake, I'll just reply back with what was said yesterday, without the link - it looks like you have a '48-'50 Aristocrat - the upper band is knurled, your center bar is notched, and more than likely, PACKAGE has been changed to PKG in the blade area.

Tipster; Cap is a gentleman, scholar, and craftsman, as well as many other fine attributes such as his service to others, as you can see from your wonderful Milord repair. I have never tried one, and I hope it is a GREAT shaver for you! God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown
Tony - I used the Milord for the first time this morning, and was not dissappointed (TBH - no Gillette razor has disappointed me yet!) I'd rank it up there with my '46-'47 Aristocrat in terms of quality and comfort, and now, after CAP got ahold of it, appearance!!
In reading some of your other posts, it sounds like you're having a rough time. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Just handed to me at my desk: A Schone OC.
I've been doing pretty well not letting the RAD get to me, but curiosity on this one got the better of me.
I can't wait to fire this thing up tonight! Man, it's got some good heft in the hand, and the head on it looks fantastic.

Thank you Cody! The Good Book says that suffering builds perseverance and character, but I have had enough perseverance and I am indeed a character. I go back to the doctor next week. I am glad that the Milord was up to the task Sir! God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown

Here are photos of a Gillette Slim Adjustable razor acquired at the end of last week (for $32). Aside from two slight and barely visible scratches on one of the doors, it appears in excellent condition, including the paint on the setting numbers and dots. I used the razor at the 5 setting, and the result was very good. I'd been looking for a good slim at a reasonable price for some time and am quite happy with the purchase. The finish and smooth operation are every bit as good as the seller described.

image.jpeg
G
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Awesome find on the Slim! They're hard to beat. The Fatboys are sometimes hard to come by and much sought after, but I feel like the Slims don't quite get all the credit they deserve. Enjoy your new Slim!

Well, Cody, looks like my reply where I referenced the Aristocrat history page on the Razor Archive site got deleted because of "no links to duplicate content", whatever that means. Just for posterity's sake, I'll just reply back with what was said yesterday, without the link - it looks like you have a '48-'50 Aristocrat - the upper band is knurled, your center bar is notched, and more than likely, PACKAGE has been changed to PKG in the blade area.

Tony - I used the Milord for the first time this morning, and was not dissappointed (TBH - no Gillette razor has disappointed me yet!) I'd rank it up there with my '46-'47 Aristocrat in terms of quality and comfort, and now, after CAP got ahold of it, appearance!!
In reading some of your other posts, it sounds like you're having a rough time. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

No actually it says PACKAGE in the blade area

No actually it says PACKAGE in the blade area
Hmmm... Maybe they started doing that sometime between '48 and '50, so that might suggest yours would be a '48 or early '49. ...maybe.
But the knurled upper band and notched T-bar (or positioning bar, if you're heavy into the adjustable anatomy thread!) definitely suggest the '48-'50 model.

Top Bottom