What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Oh you pretty thing. Unfortunately no case so impossible to date precisely, but pre-1985*/post plastic safety bar. These look so much better in gold.

*Red numbers, no circle around logo, plain font, Made in Germany

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I went in search of a ABC razor, but, sadly, someone had grabbed it already. I did find this, however--a 46-47 Aristocrat (I think) :001_smile. Other than one missing endcap, it is in great shape. I may send it off to get that endcap replaced. Maybe I can budget for sending one razor per year for a repair/replate. This one and my earlier 1930s Brit. Aristocrat would be first up.

View attachment 777580 View attachment 777581 View attachment 777582
Great find for the money.........Congratulations.

R

romsitsa

I'm wondering if a B&B member was able to snatch this one. I was watching it and am kicking myself for not bidding. Although I probably would not have gone that high, I really would love one of these. Oh well. But would feel better if it went to another member here.

VINTAGE GILLETTE SILVER PLATED? PAT. NOV. 15 04 SAFETY RAZOR WIRE ROPE DESIGN | eBay

Hello,

what exactly is this? It looks like a Bulldog, but these were produced from 1914? so there should be at least a Gillette logo on the baseplate? And the cap looks to be the thick variant, but it's maybe only the angle of the photos.

Adam

Wow!!

This thread, Still Rules the www. :001_cool:

:gun_bandana:..................................................................................................................:badger:

You paid a nice sum for the Bulldog Old Type on the right. But I'm still jealous. I was watching that one too. Nice haul.
Thanks!
Unfortunately The seller rubber banded it with a heavy band.
The box did not do well in shipping, it's BAD. The crack that was repaired was a full length crack that got soldiered back together and then ground down on a wheel. I'm going to have to do serious restoration on it, but it's the last cased I needed.

Top Bottom