What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Great score Doug. These are hefty for a 1940's style Super Speed
Gillette 1952 X4 Super Speed Steel Head Case Closed View.JPG
, with the weight distributed at the head of course. Great shaver- mild yet efficient. Good photography from you as always. God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown

Just got this Windrose G1 handle (left side) in the mail last week from the UK. A perfect replacement for the iKon OSS handle I used to pair with the Maggard Slant. I got a much better shave using this Windrose. It weighs less than the iKon but is still pretty heavy. It feels more well balanced and the deep grooves make for excellent grip.
DSCN1247.JPG.jpeg

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
If you asked mine I'm sure she would tell you that vinegar could probably solve world hunger lol!
I would probably listen to her! Get as much info from her as you can. Older people have wisdom you can't buy. It's priceless. Vinegar and aluminum is great on chrome, I believe.

Kindly,
Adam

I would probably listen to her! Get as much info from her as you can. Older people have wisdom you can't buy. It's priceless. Vinegar and aluminum is great on chrome, I believe.

Kindly,
Adam

I try to! Those old wives tales and home remedies can work wonders. Especially when feeling ill. But the info I really need from her is her chili recipe!

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I try to! Those old wives tales and home remedies can work wonders. Especially when feeling ill. But the info I really need from her is her chili recipe!
That may prove tough. It's hard to give up those kind of secrets!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I think the current production models I'm lusting after are the Timeless OC and the Asylum Evolution. Thanks everyone for posting those acquisitions and keeping the desire alive.

proxy.php

My Rocket finally came in! The guy claimed it is a 1949 Rocket HD. It does have British patent numbers and says made in England on the bottom of the razor and the case. The only thing I could find on Mr. Razor's site that is similar is the After 1955 Gillette Gold Rocket.
proxy.php
The bottom plate does have what looks like the remnants of a gold finish. I don't have a scale but it's definitely about as heavy as a slim. Any ideas as to what Rocket I've just bought?
proxy.php

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
My Rocket finally came in! The guy claimed it is a 1949 Rocket HD....The bottom plate does have what looks like the remnants of a gold finish.

It's a Rocket HD 500, the base plate is showing some brass where the nickel has flaked off. Congrats on a nice shaver!

It's a Rocket HD 500, the base plate is showing some brass where the nickel has flaked off. Congrats on a nice shaver!

Thanks! I'm pretty stoked to try it out. Those were my initial thoughts at first but the patent numbers threw me off. If this bad boy is as incredible as I've read then I will definitely send it off as my first razor to have replated!

Top Bottom