What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

this is a dubutante but that design is the NEW which is from the 30's not the 20's. i have one as well but mine doesnt have debutante stampt on the top of the case next to gillette.

So the head doesn't go with the razor? or the razor doesn't go with the case? I think there should have been a gold blade bank in there as well, but probably long lost to time.

Just won this one for $25 on the bay. Misspellings and a bad photo kept it below the radar. If the teeth are ok I think I did pretty well.

$big fellow.jpg

Hey guys! I picked this old Gillette up from the local flea market the other day for $2! It's in great shape and cleaned up well with not much work. There aren't any numbers on it, so I don't know how to research it. Anybody know any details on it?
$2013-10-05 12.10.53.jpg$2013-10-05 12.11.51.jpg

I really should pay closer attention to the sticky threads. Especially when I posted in it earlier. This post is in the BOTOC thread as well.

The story of one more found.......

I hunt a lot. Recently the pickings have been slim and I don't mean I found a cache of Slims. Slim in the fact there there just hasn't been much out there. I had gotten so discouraged that I didn't even go out to one of the bigger spots for a month or better. Yesterday was cold and rainy so it seemed the perfect time for a spin through a regular haunt. Once again, pickings looked slim, a couple SE's, a decent NEW, a blue tip and then.....

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

A Pat. Apl'd For (inverted) non-serial number Double Ring. No case, just it hanging out with the aforementioned blue tip and a bunch of straights. The knob is worn, there is some plating loss on the head, there is a small crack at the top of the barrel and two of the outside teeth are bent slightly. It looks pretty dang good for being about 110 years old. I am still in a bit of shock. Persistence pays folks.......

I really should pay closer attention to the sticky threads. Especially when I posted in it earlier. This post is in the BOTOC thread as well.

The story of one more found.......

I hunt a lot. Recently the pickings have been slim and I don't mean I found a cache of Slims. Slim in the fact there there just hasn't been much out there. I had gotten so discouraged that I didn't even go out to one of the bigger spots for a month or better. Yesterday was cold and rainy so it seemed the perfect time for a spin through a regular haunt. Once again, pickings looked slim, a couple SE's, a decent NEW, a blue tip and then.....

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

A Pat. Apl'd For (inverted) non-serial number Double Ring. No case, just it hanging out with the aforementioned blue tip and a bunch of straights. The knob is worn, there is some plating loss on the head, there is a small crack at the top of the barrel and two of the outside teeth are bent slightly. It looks pretty dang good for being about 110 years old. I am still in a bit of shock. Persistence pays folks.......

:drool: i hope to one day find a double ring in the wild. i hope that if i ever do its a pat apld for lol. i wouldnt mind finding the dr tin either :001_tt2:
great find, seriously

Update on my $25 Big Fellow:
It arrived today, I gave it a quick soak in hot water and dish detergent to get initial grime off.

$SDC14102.jpg

After that I opened her up to check the serial#. There wasn't one. I check the back of the baseplate, sure enough, hiding in the tarnish is the familiar "G in D" mark. We all know what kind of prices these are commanding on Ebay. :rolleyes5
Kidding aside, I'm very happy with it. Here it is after initial soda/aluminum treatment, next to its Single Ring Cousin.

$SDC14107.jpg

Note difference of typeface in "Made in USA." Also blunt alignment pins.

Last edited:
I thought I would show off my razors
I went to a local pawn shop to see if he had any old safety razor. He didnt have any there but bring them the next satuday.

$63 Fatboy.jpg$68 Slim.jpg
A 63 Fatboy & 68 Slim for $10

Top Bottom