What's new

Rotisserie Chicken

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I received a nice little gift from SWMBO for Christmas. I gave here marriage points. If you don't know what marriage points are, please send me a PM and I'll give you a clue.

$IMG_2634[1].jpg$IMG_2635[1].jpg$IMG_2638[1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Now that's a cool gift. Did it come with instructions of not too much smoke please? :w00t:

Ha, ha...I added some smoke by adding little chunks of hickory wood along the way. About 2-1/2 hours brought to the finish. I coated it with Memphis dust and stuffed with carrot, celery, onion, Rosemary, thyme. The wife said it had a touch of smoke but was delicious and juicy.

Whats next?

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
or same thing with a bit more......just begging to go on the rotisserie...

Last edited by a moderator:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Ha, ha...I added some smoke by adding little chunks of hickory wood along the way. About 2-1/2 hours brought to the finish. I coated it with Memphis dust and stuffed with carrot, celery, onion, Rosemary, thyme. The wife said it had a touch of smoke but was delicious and juicy.

Whats next?
Gyros.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Nice score there buddy. That thing is just begging for a cut of cabrito.

I have been meaning to pull the trigger on a rotisserie set up for some time now...nice score!

Thanks.

Well, the rotisserie chicken was a huge hit. It was juicy, flavorful with a touch of smoke and fire. Chicken enchiladas and chicken noodle soup is on the menu. I'd like to try fish using a flat basket.

Just one chimney of charcoal for starters was all that was needed, added briquettes along the way with chunks of pecan.

Top Bottom