What's new

ROTD Run Of The Day : post yours

I heard it was 18 degrees at the airport this morning!

I'm a cold weather creature. I don't mind the winter running at all, matter of fact I vastly prefer it. I'm running well this winter (knock on wood), but I'll lose up to 2 minutes off my long run pace come August.

I'd a 5 mile road race on Sunday, 33:45. Went really well, but ran in racing flats and calves are really sore today still. Currently debating on whether to chance a run tonight or not. I know what would be smart, but 2 days without running seems like too much.

7.3km in 49 minutes. Winter is leaving in Scandinavia so was back in shorts. And after the run I got to try out my new R41 - yes, it got more blade feel then my 34c - but no blood or anything. Almost feel I was waiting for something even worse ;)

7.8km / 50min .. visiting my parents so went for a run around where i used to live. bonus points for email from post office with some shave sticks.. so got to run the last 2km holding a box :)

How come I've never noticed this thread before? Pure gold.

I'm 46, and only started running in July, so I'm still working on my basics. I've built up to a 10k route, with hills, which I run a couple of times a week. I ran 70k in the entire month of January, and 50 in December.

I'm not running tonight because of snow - to be honest, I never like running on snow and ice for all the slowing down to find my footing. It never allows me to find a pace.

Earlier in the week I ran the 10k in 55 minutes, which is good for a nighttime run (tend to slow a little in the darker stretches where I'm unsure of my footfall - I can shave a minute off it in daytime).

Another 5K tonight. Dare I say the legs are feeling pretty good. I don't feel as light on my feet as in my early 20s, but...

Top Bottom