What's new

Rockwell 2c

This razor is hardly mentioned in the forum.
Any experience with this razor? Is the single head plate 1-3 is efficient enough or too mild? Is it comparable to merkur 34 hd in terms of smoothness and aggressiveness..? Would it be wiser to buy the 6c with the 3 head plates?

I suggest that you spend extra for the 6c model. That way you'll know how plate 2,4,5, and 6 will feel and satisfy your curiosity.

I'm very interested to hear what people have to say about this as I generally prefer milder razors and don't want to waste money on plates that I might never use.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I found the 2C underwhelming. It's okay, probably better built than my 34C and gives similar shaves. It's not a Tech or Super Speed though.

I suggest that you spend extra for the 6c model. That way you'll know how plate 2,4,5, and 6 will feel and satisfy your curiosity.
I live in israel and shipping costs from the states are outrageous. shipping rate is almost like the razor price and the 6c being heavier doubles the shipping rate. this is why i try to understand if the 2c is efficient enough.

I live in israel and shipping costs from the states are outrageous. shipping rate is almost like the razor price and the 6c being heavier doubles the shipping rate. this is why i try to understand if the 2c is efficient enough.

Getting one plate of this set makes sense, but ONLY if it is the right plate. I've had the 6s for over six months. Plate 4 is my sweet spot, and plates 5 and 6 work well too when I want a more aggressive but still very smooth shave. I have never used any plate lower than 4. In other words, the 2c would be a waste of money for me because it would just not work. I am not sure about the packaging, but the plates themselves wouldn't add a material amount of weight.

I'm very interested to hear what people have to say about this as I generally prefer milder razors and don't want to waste money on plates that I might never use.

I like mild razors, too. I've only used the 6C for a couple weeks, but so far my preference is plates 2 & 3. In terms of mildness, plate #2 seems to feel pretty similar to my Feather AS-D2, which is my favorite razor. I still need to use both plates a bit more before I could pick a definite winner, but right now I'm probably leaning towards plate #2.

I have been using my 6c on plate 3 for months and I love it, sometimes I will bump it up to plate 4 but that's only with 3 days or more of hair growth. I get a bbs shave on 3 passes with plate 3. If I were you, bump it up to a 6c so you have the option to increase the blade gap if you need it. This razor will last you a lifetime

I'd say go for it!
I use plate 3 and sometimes plate 4.
I have sensitive skin but thick stubble so if you already know you prefer mild razors, i don't think you'll go wrong with plate 3.

M

Member 113878

I got a Rockwell R1, which has only the plate #1, and it's too mild. (my usual razor is a 34C)
Don't know how I'd find the plate #3 three.
A set with plates 2 and 4 would probably be better than 1 and 3 (methinks).

I got a Rockwell R1, which has only the plate #1, and it's too mild. (my usual razor is a 34C)
Don't know how I'd find the plate #3 three.
A set with plates 2 and 4 would probably be better than 1 and 3 (methinks).
FYI...
1 plate has 2 settings. One side is Plate #1. Flip that plate over and now it is plate #3.

proxy.php

I have a 2c. Plate 1 is very mild, in fact too mild to cut the beard close. Plate 3 is good, and I can get a very smooth shave with it.

For openness, this is my only razor and my first DE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edit...

The R1 is not the "adjustable/interchangeable" version of the razor they sell. It is a Twist To Open razor that Rockwell put their name on. Sorry for my confusion.

I agree with this statement.

I have the 6S with all plates. I bought the 2C figuring it would be my travel razor. I found the plat 3 to be a bit mild I find #4 & #5 to be the sweetest.

I asked if they would be selling other plates in the future and was told they would at some point. I think right now they are focusing on the Model T release.

This razor is hardly mentioned in the forum.
Any experience with this razor? Is the single head plate 1-3 is efficient enough or too mild? Is it comparable to merkur 34 hd in terms of smoothness and aggressiveness..? Would it be wiser to buy the 6c with the 3 head plates?

If you have the 34 HD and it is a tad too aggressive, the 2C could be a good choice.

Thank you all for your comments. just ordered the 6c in gunmetal from a u.k vendor who offers free international
delivery(99p). i am sure the 2c is efficient enough but i hope in future my technique improve and i will be able to enjoy the all plates

Best choice. You will also see; when you try different blades, different plates will give you very different shaves.

Plate 3 is my default plate as well... The 'Chrome' versions are okay, but the steel versions are built a fair bit better...

I have both the 6S and 6C and they both perform equally well. I prefer the 6C, just because I like the finish. But for me; they shave exactly the same.

Top Bottom