What's new

Robert Smith CooncatBob of Bob's Razor Works

My prayers and condolences go to his Family, He was a fine B&B Member and outstanding Artisan, spreading joy through his works of Art.

I was going to wait until someone else posted some of his work before I posted.

I feel it is fitting to pay tribute to this incredible man by displaying and using the objects he created.

proxy.php

proxy.php

EDITED: Following day (Wednesday)******

Today I shaved with one of my favorite razors Bob made.

1966 Gillette Knack TTO (L-1 - first quarter - first year produced).

I felt it is fitting that I break this one out first since it reminds me of all that Bob was capable of doing.

It was the first razor that I purchased that was made by Bob. I used a Gillette Black blade for today's shave with this fine razor.

proxy.php

EDIT: ****

Thursday's shave:

Custom Gillette New Long Comb with Bob's standard Bull Mastiff handle and a Gillette Black blade

proxy.php

EDIT: ******

Friday's shave:

Custom Gillette New Short Comb with Bob's standard Bull Mastiff handle and a Gillette Black blade

proxy.php

Saturday's shave:

Bull Progress with a Gillette Black blade

proxy.php

Sunday's shave:

Muhle R41 2011 Deluxe Bull Progress handle with a Gillette Black blade

proxy.php

Monday's shave:

Merkur Progress with custom knob Bob made

proxy.php

Tuesday's shave:

Tech head Deluxe XXL Bull Mastiff handle with a Gillette Black blade

proxy.php

Last edited:
RIP, Bob, and my sincere condolences to his family. I am fortunate enough to own two of his works, and they are both beautiful.

i got the chance to get a Cooncat made for me back in January....Bob said it was the "First of it's kind", a 2 tone BRW Bull Progress Deluxe. he was a pleasure to deal with, very helpful and a true genius. i was lucky to add a 2nd OC shortly after that.

condolences to his friends and family. he will be missed by all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, this is truly sad news. I have five of his works of art that I would never have envisioned selling anyway, but now knowing that they are completely irreplaceable, I will cherish them that much more. He was a true gentleman to do business with.

Rest in peace, Bob. My sincerest condolences to his family.

Rest in Peace, Bob. I am proud to say that I own one of your razors & it will never be sold or traded.

B&B has lost a valued member, friend to many, and a true craftsman that cared about his product & customers.

RIP to. Man who I never had the pleasure of knowing, but its easy to see from this thread how much you will be missed

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Bob was one of the EARLIEST craftsman/vendors to be sprung from the collective community here. He was first and foremost an outspoken member of this wonderful Global Community. I'm saddened to hear of Bob's passing. My prayers go out to his family. Rest in Peace Friend.

RIP Bob. I wish I had not procrastinated on getting one of his creations.

I just looked at his profile....he last logged on at 0256 on April 5th. The day he died. You never know when ur time is up...

Last edited:
I have 3 of Bobs handles he made for my 1912 Gems. True Craftmanship. They are a treasured part of my den and always will be. RIP Bob

Top Bottom