What's new

Restoration help

Well, I'm going to take a shot at another wade and butcher. This time I'll be very conscious of the blade form. So how do you remove these scales? The pins are so recessed I fear I may have to drill them. And I think the scales are bone and I would like to save them, any tips? My other concern is the tip of the blade and the wedge, its a tight fit.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

I am certainly no expert, however, those appear to be wood and perhaps not the original scales? Is the color more ivory looking in person? The pictures seem to show an oak like grain and caramel color. I am sure more qualified gentleman will chime in soon.

Yeah they're wood. But being an iffy rescale are they worth keeping? I'd just grind them off and call it done .

They're wood.

That looks like you will need more clearance on the tip of the blade and wedge, sometimes you can just the part of the wedge that hits the blade. In this case though, I don't think you have room to do that as it looks like the blade is almost even with the wedge pin

+1
like I said, iffy . Those scales on a restored blade? Hmmm. They have issues . Doesn't fit my image of a restored W&B. Just my .02.

Top Bottom