What's new

Replating a double edge razor

About the cheapest quality replating I have seen runs around $70. Price increases with the type of replating.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Chris Evatt at razorplate does amazing work and his prices are very fair. You would be hard pressed to find another replate company that has better communication and customer service.

In 2015, I used Razor Emporium for a revamp and re-plate of a 59 Fat Boy. I found their service great, but each have their own opinion.

Gillette 1950 V-3 Date Code Super Speed Razor .JPG
I give Chris Evatt at Razorplate my wholehearted seal of approval. God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown

Last edited by a moderator:
From all I've seen, Razorplate is the best option for razor owners in the US. For those based elsewhere in the world, an equally good service is offered by Restored Razors, now in New Zealand.

Can I get it re-plated in another plating or should I stay with the original plating?
That's really a personal choice. However, if you check out Chris' site (razor plate), you can read about the various types of replating. Rhodium is really nice, but is more brittle. That isn't necessarily bad, but some razors are better suited for it than others.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
This is really up to you. In general, you do not increase the $ value of the razor with a replate. However, you may enjoy it more and they certainly look great!

Top Bottom