What's new

Red Wings Iron Ranger boots?

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Ahhhhh I've been thinking about these stupid boots ever since the first post. There is even a Red Wing Store a couple of miles from my house. $280 is more than I want to spend on a pair of boots, but after looking all over for other boots the same style and not finding anything, I'm slowly breaking down.

I have a Red Wing store 2 miles away so I run over to try these on (I really want a pair).

They have only a handful in stock (like 3 pairs) and they don't have my size. I tried on a 9D and it was long so the salesperson said a 8.5 would be fine but they dont have that but she said "Dont worry, I can order anything you want in the catalogue." Cool, so I said let's get them, then she asked for a 50% deposit......and I walked out...lol

Did I ever mention how much you guys annoy me? :wink: I picked these up yesterday. Although I read here that most people go a half-size to a full-size smaller, I found that my size (10D) was the best fit. A half-size smaller felt too narrow and a little snug in the toe box.

I'll be wearing them around the house for a little break-in period. I am wearing them with a little heavier sock and they fit great.

I'd like to say thank-you to all of you enablers out there for allowing me the opportunity to get these great boots. THANKS ALOT! :biggrin:

Is that the Cigar color?

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine in today. My toe doesn't go quite to the end of the boot, maybe a little less than a quarter of an inch from it, but my feet don't slide when I walk around. I might be able to go down half a size, but it's close. Otherwise, they fit and feel great.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to stick with what I have. If I slide my foot closer to the front it feels a bit cramped.

Does anyone use inserts with these? If so what kind do you use?

Does anyone use inserts with these? If so what kind do you use?

Nope, no inserts for me. I have two pairs of Iron Rangers, one a 1/2 size smaller and one a full size smaller. If I put a pair of inserts into either of them, the boots are much too snug.

Maybe if you could find a pretty thin insert to use?

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I wore mine Friday night and all day Sunday. They feel fine without any additional insoles and they look great. I am pleased with this purchase. I don't think I will be buying another pair a shoes for awhile or until the next shoe thread comes up in The Hab. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom