What's new

Red pack israeli Personna

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I have recently purchased the Red pack Israeli Personna razor blades from West Coast Shaving.
After a few shaves, I want to say that I am truly impressed with them.
The Red pack Israeli Personna are extremely sharp blades.
The only blades I know that are sharper than these are the Feather.
Made with high quality stainless steel and a Platinum Chrome coating, they give a very close, smooth and comfortable shave.
And they are also very reasonably priced.
The Red Pack Israeli Personna have a spot in my short list of favourite DE razor blades.:thumbup:

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I haven't had the same success with Personna red pack blades. They shaved fine but not quite as well as the IP (Super+ Platinum) blades.

Last edited:
i'm a big fan of these too. though something changed recently that is disappointing considering i just bought 100 of 'em. i was down to my last one from my sampler pack so i ordered the 100 pack, changed out the old blade for new and went to experiment with a new aftershave.

the blade felt like a windshield wiper on a dry windshield. getting stuck and jumping. thank goodness it wasn't a feather or i might be hospitalized. i figured maybe i'd messed up my shaving cream to water ratio. went a couple of days later and tried again this time putting special care in to prep and shaving cream. same thing. so i tried a blade from the new pack. same thing. it's really disappointing because i was having such great shaves.

With the red personnas I got unfortunately the worst shaves ever, it's a pity. They seem to work for many wet shavers and they are really low priced. But now I'm pretty happy with the Iridium blades, they are incomparable related to sharpness, smothness and longevity.

Awesome blades; they are my new go-to after getting 4 smooth shaves out of one and 5 smooth shaves out of another with my SuperSpeed.
I just ordered 100 from WCS.
Glad to hear you're impressed with them Marco!

My next shave will be my first with the Red, this just adds to the great things i've heard... and yes B&B constantly has me getting excited for my next shave.

With the red personnas I got unfortunately the worst shaves ever, it's a pity. They seem to work for many wet shavers and they are really low priced. But now I'm pretty happy with the Iridium blades, they are incomparable related to sharpness, smothness and longevity.

Same story here...I had high hopes for the IP reds based on all the talk and reviews,but I never got a good shave out of them and found the Iridium blades to be far superior in all aspects IMO...

I find them to be only moderately sharp and moderately smooth. Astra SP and Sharks outperform them easily for me.

I like the IP's. Good blade at an excellent price. It was easy to justify buying 100 since they're so inexpensive and I got great shaves with them in my HD and SuperSpeed. A very smooth, reliable blade.

I find both the Red Packs and Crystals to be very smooth and adequately sharp. I can't tell any difference in sharpness between them. I do find the Astra Platinum, Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow, and Iridium Platinum to be sharper, but the glue spots on these three are a real pain. I can't tell much difference in sharpness between the Yellows and Iridiums, although the latter might be a tad sharper. Both are slightly sharper than the Astra, but not as smooth. And the Astra isn't as smooth as the Crystals or Red Packs, which manage to keep the paper on without glue on the blades. I don't like the plastic boxes the Crystals come in, so that leaves my "go-to" blades the Red Packs.

Top Bottom